Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello group. I joined a few months back back have not come as frequently as I would have liked. Great to know there is a community around these vehicles. I have 2011 Fx35. with 153,000 miles. Engine is in great shape. Just replaced the steering rack and some odds and ends. My main issue now is the diver's door will not open from inside or out. I've been jumping in the passenger side door and slipping over tot he driver seat. It gets old, but hopefully this is the beginning of the end of that scenario.

I've brought my car to six different places and have been told they are unable to help. Locksmiths have not been able to help either. I cannot figure out what is preventing it from opening. It just stopped working one day. I can hear the locking mechanism click when I press it, but pulling the handle from the inside or out does not open it. The outer handle is rigged back on, as one of the shops removed it to try to find a fix. It is useless now.

It seems like I will need to replace the door. Does any on have any other idea? If yes, please let me know, Thanks. If not, can someone recommend how I should proceed with the door replacement. Thanks again!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I don't think you will have to replace the door itself. First thing is to try and remove the inner door panel without causing too much damage. Once you get the panel off, it should be pretty straight forward to release the lock and latch mechanism. Does the window go up and down?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think you will have to replace the door itself. First thing is to try and remove the inner door panel without causing too much damage. Once you get the panel off, it should be pretty straight forward to release the lock and latch mechanism. Does the window go up and down?
Thank you. The window does go up and down.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The problem is likely do to the door not unlocking fully. While sitting in the drivers seat, toggle the lock switch a few times while trying to help the lock move. Since the window will go down, a locksmith should be able to insert a slimjim and pull up on the lock rod. There are a few youtube videos showing how it is done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts