Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive always wondered how cars like BMW create the HUD on the windshield...and if it were possible to to put a unit like this on the FX and hook it up to a navi system.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have to say, this is really what I miss on the new FX45 I just got. I've sold my 98 Grand Prix GTX. It had every option including the Head Up Display. The display shines against a mirror which projects this up to the windshield.

GM was a pioneer here putting it on the Bonneville and the Grand Prix back in the early nineties. It's also available on the Park Avenue, Corvette, and Rendevous.

The display shows speed, radio stations, turn signals, high beam, other idiot lights. Corvette also shows tach and is customizable.

It would be an electrical nightmare to retrofit one from another car into another not meant for it, not to mention that the mechanicals wouldn't even be close. The GM ones have a motor in them for adjustment angle.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
clark_carty said:
GM was a pioneer [in Heads-Up Displays] putting it on the Bonneville and the Grand Prix back in the early nineties.
Actually, the late-80s Nissan Maxima had it, and likely the first to do so.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
to bad it would be a big hassle to put this in... my moms car has it, its very helpful and would love it on my car but guess not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.