Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2005 fx35 and I notice my head lights doesn't go off anymore even when the switch is off, and it only goes off when the ignition is off. Along with this fault, my windshield wiper, fog lights and AC compressor don't work anymore, although the rear wiper works when i put it on. I have tested the AC compressor and windshield wiper by connecting it directly to the battery with a cable and it worked, of course I cant use it that way. I have checked all fuses in and outta the suv and they all seem ok. The electrician that worked on it told me it could be a fault from the fuse box behind the battery. Anyone with other ideas? I really need some help here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
updates on issue

:(
I own a 2005 fx35 and I notice my head lights doesn't go off anymore even when the switch is off, and it only goes off when the ignition is off. Along with this fault, my windshield wiper, fog lights and AC compressor don't work anymore, although the rear wiper works when i put it on. I have tested the AC compressor and windshield wiper by connecting it directly to the battery with a cable and it worked, of course I cant use it that way. I have checked all fuses in and outta the suv and they all seem ok. The electrician that worked on it told me it could be a fault from the fuse box behind the battery. Anyone with other ideas? I really need some help here.
:( I took it out to where i tested various fuse boxes, headlamp switches/wiper switches, yet the problem remained. Head light stays on, front wiper doesn't work, rear wiper still works, AC compressor still doesn't engage, just blowing warm air, Fog light not working too. Please anyone out there help me trace the fault

·
Registered
30 Posts
You guys should
remove, scrub, treat and reinstall all of your ground points. Most critical point is the ECM ground behind the glove box.

I treat all my electrical contacts with DeOxit. Magic in a can.

You'd be surprised by what Gremlins can be resolved by doing your ground points.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Nelson,

All these systems are controlled by the "IPDM E/R" module. Does your radiator fan turn on as soon as you start the car? It may turn on even in ACC mode. The manual lists a fail-safe mode with these symptoms if this module loses CAN bus communication.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts