Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that in addition to the Zenon headlights there is a regular light on the inside (meaning closer to centerline) of each headlight. Almost like a daytime running light.

It looks like a regular light bulb and I think it looks terrible, taking away immensely from the nice look of the vehicle and headlights.

Is there a way to turn these inner lights off? If not, can I remove?

Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, I have learned from a MustGoFastR post that these are called "clearance" lights.

Can anyone recommend how to change the regular light bulbs into a LED bulbs and where to buy them? (and what the correct terminolgy would be)

Also, can I do this myself or is it better to have the dealer do it?

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
ltmarks, the clearance lights are type 7443, you have a lot of options, if you still have the stock HID bulbs in place the ones that are there with PIAA Extreme whites, it is a very good match. If you've upgraded to 6000K, 8000K or higher, you can replace them with LEDs, either 9-bulb or 15-bulb models.

Bulb replacement is very simple, should take you all of 10 min, no need to get the dealer involved.

Read thru some of the posts in the "Interior/Exterior Modifications" (not problems, where this post is located) and you should be able to find lots of pictures to help you make up your mind.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I noticed that in addition to the Zenon headlights there is a regular light on the inside (meaning closer to centerline) of each headlight. Almost like a daytime running light.

It looks like a regular light bulb and I think it looks terrible, taking away immensely from the nice look of the vehicle and headlights.
I actually like it. It creates a nice contrast at night, when your headlights and fogs are on.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks shady. In your opinion, would you just add the 7443 whites (non-LED I assume) to the stock headlights or would you upgrade to the 6000k headlights and also add the 15 LED 7443s

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
As of right now, I am running stock HID bulbs and PIAA clearance lights, and will change my fog lights to Plasmaglow blues (sitting on a shelf in my garage for 4 weeks now) as soon as my car gets out of the shop from my accident, so all 3 major visible lights will match. I'll call this "Gen 1" of my lighting setup.

I have been debating whether to go with 6000K or 8000K bulbs and I'd really like to, but at this point changing one means changing them all (HIDs, clearance, fogs) and new bulbs all around will cost $150-200 that I'd rather put towards something else like new speakers or exhaust or whatever.

"Gen 2" will happen sometime down the line when I have done everything else I want to do first.

Here's a pair of PIAA 7443 Xtreme White bulbs on eBay for $5.95 + $10 shipping, same guy I bought mine from.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... ename=WDVW

1 - 6 of 6 Posts