Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone thinking of installing headers this spring?

Found some pro-1 headers that the Z guys are installing that we may be able to get a GB for if there is enough interest.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Not me. I'm outa cash.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
with all the mods I see all your missing are headers and cats.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Nah, I think I'm done.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Why do parts like this come so late.

I have the Stillen headers and it cost over 3 times the price of these.

Jim

·
Registered
325 Posts
Is the Pro-1 header made of stainless steel?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yup...they look pretty good. It'll probably be a good idea to get them Jet-Hot coated to reduce engine cabin temps and longevity. These are Fujitsubo knockoffs. I'll try to post links to the pics and dynos later. THey dynoed similar to DC sports gains.

Can't beat that for the price :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
hey guys, we are the ones wanting to do a GB:

Proposed GB would be

1-6 Headers: 265.00 shipped

7-14 headers: 255.00 shipped

15-30-245.00 shipped

30-50 headers 230.00 shipped

I am asking the owner of this site for Vendor permissions as we speak!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mods, if the vendor's given the thumbs up can you start a list?

BTW, i'm in! :D

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Go ahead with the Group Buy.

I would be in but I spent too much on xmas.

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
I gotta ask but will they even fit the FX35 (RWD and AWD)? Can anyone verify this with respect to depth and angle?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
How about gains on them? Any dynos?

·
Registered
363 Posts
If they'll fit the FX35 AWD, count me in

·
Registered
170 Posts
we're doing the same survey here :D

What's next is the issue, headers push A/F toward leaner
we're short of FX ecu adaption source.

·
Registered
14 Posts
WE also can sell AFC2 to richen mixtures... not a problem.

if there was enough interest in a ECU harness upgrade (plug not wire tap) kit I have the local source who makes my Supra./EVO8 etc harnesses and they are perfect. HE usually requires 40-50 to get started however.

quotes from 350z owners:
Well, I feel the difference the most on the top end, past 4K rpms. But , there was a significant difference in usable power from 2k-4k as well. For the money this is a really good mod, although I think the major restriction right now is the cats, so it would be good to get some high-flow cats or test pipes with them to get the most out of this mod.

As for my 1/4 mile or 60ft times, I can't tell you b/c it's a secret J/K I have no clue as I have never taken my car to a drag strip although i will in the future. So, sorry I can't answer this one, and I doubt anyone else can since we have only had them a very short time, most people have not even put theirs on yet and the ones that have probably have not had a chance to go to the strip.

---
definitely worth it, imo - I was the first person to have these installed and they fit like a dream and sound great now that I have my exhaust situation figured out... I definitely felt a noticable difference in power from around 3-3.5K RPMS and up, but I still haven't had the chance to run back to the dyno (it's an hour and a half away - and life has been crazy the last three months - ie just got married)... I'm going to dyno after the first of the year so I can get my ECU reflashed, I'm looking to see gains of around 10HP/10TQ starting around 3500 RPMS all the way to redline...
-------
too just had them installed. I was lucky, that day after I received them, the shop I go to told me they could do them the very next day (Saturday). The guys at 4MyRide.com did a great job, and the test driver (Tony) said the gains felt great. He might have been pulling my leg, but he said he would be worried if we were to race. Of course he has NOS on his 350. I did notice that the car pulls much better now though with the headers. It feels great.

Of course I also have Injen CAI, Kinetix plenum, TS headers, Kinetix High flow cats, Stillen dual exhaust, plus the UR pullies and the JWT light weight flywheel.
===

AWD placement is not in the way of where the manifolds bolt on the engine. The AWD parts are a more serious issue for exhausts because of the extra parts. We have seen up under a AWD and nothing is blocking the way that far forward...

Attachments

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
c'mon peeps...lets get these at a great price...so far i think there are 2 definates...

I'll start a list:

1.Mushutofu
2.Humam

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
For Now We like the "Tune" Our FX is Playing. :D It's worthy of consideration though, however my next Mod will probably be Lowering Springs (Spring '05) Please keep us posted. :) [btw, did you ever get a $$ on those springs from your cousins Shop?] ****, they're Pretty!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ok so we have 2 so far. Anyone else need to ask a ?

We will ship same to next day of the ending of this Deal. I wanted to get an idea of a deadline from those that already signed up.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
if the griup buy isn't going to happen then i'll wait to buy these at a lter time. Only reason I jumped on these was because of the price but there are a few other mods i'd rather do first.

FYI, i called around and instllation prices on these run between 400-500 bux.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts