Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
and this comment:

" the power seat adjustment controls were hard to locate and even harder to reach, and the dash controls were overly complicated and difficult to use while driving."

from Dan Khan got to be the most stupid comments I have read in a long time, low IQ in there :shock:

One other comment was in line of what I think about the interior that could use less plastic for a better quality feel.

I personally don't find the blind spot to be as bad as they describe it to be, maybe I am just used to it.

Rob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Engine, transmission and suspension were adequate all around, but the 'ute didn't deliver the sporty handling that one would expect given its exterior, and wasn't nearly as much fun to drive as competitors like the X5.

And there was zero wood to be found, just lots of plastic.

the power seat adjustment controls were hard to locate and even harder to reach, and the dash controls were overly complicated and difficult to use while driving.

wtf?

i test drove the x5, it drove like a SUV. i'll leave it at that.

hard to locate seat controls? where was this guy sitting?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,581 Posts
His butt is so big that... well I'll leave it at that.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh that is too funny
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
462 Posts
The article had some good points. The freakin clock is too low. The seat controls are a matter of personal preference (or some would say comfort). I personally wish they were elsewhere. The blind spots are huge. Having said all that, i will still be picking mine up in about 2 weeks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
848 Posts
05fxguy said:
The article had some good points. The freakin clock is too low. The seat controls are a matter of personal preference (or some would say comfort). I personally wish they were elsewhere. The blind spots are huge. Having said all that, i will still be picking mine up in about 2 weeks.
Though I wish they'd put a digital clock on the nav screen somewhere, the location of the analog clock is fine by me...how often do you look at it anyway? I agree with your comment about the seat controls, but their statement about them being hard to find, is pure stupidity...or else the reviewer is towing his own wide-load, which might explain why he thought that the handling was "adequate " :roll: The blind spots disappear completely if you have the mirrors adjusted properly.

Hope you enjoy your new purchase...let us know how you like the ride, and post some pics! 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
X5 - "and nearly everyone disliked the counterintuitive movement of the gear lever when in manual mode — "up" to downshift and "down" to upshift."


What are these guys thinking. :roll: Accelerate - being pushed back, upshift=pull "down". Brake - downshift=push forward. First time I've heard this as being counterintuitive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
462 Posts
VK45_FX said:
X5 - "and nearly everyone disliked the counterintuitive movement of the gear lever when in manual mode — "up" to downshift and "down" to upshift."


What are these guys thinking. :roll: Accelerate - being pushed back, upshift=pull "down". Brake - downshift=push forward. First time I've heard this as being counterintuitive.
I agree with edmunds. I think it should be like most all other manufacturers and be conventional. Push forward to go forward faster. Pull back to slow down or downshift.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
706 Posts
Bottom Line whether the FX places 1st, 2nd or 3rd it sure is fun to drive!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
706 Posts
I forgot to add this:


Editors' Most Wanted Vehicles for 2004


Most Wanted Midsize SUV Under $45,000

Winner: Volkswagen Touareg



Honorable Mention: Infiniti FX45

While the FX45 can't claim the same off-roading prowess as the Land Rover, it does offer plenty of style and an in-your-face attitude. Looking for a vehicle that really puts the "sport" in Sport-Utility Vehicle? The FX is it. With sedanlike handling and a sweet-sounding V8, the FX45 offers a near perfect blend of luxury SUV presence and sports car performance. Infiniti's new crossover won't take you too far off-road, or tow your cabin cruiser over a mountain, but if you want to pester people in sport sedans while still enjoying a commanding view of the road the FX45 can oblige



It went from "near perfect" to third place.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
05fxguy said:
I agree with edmunds. I think it should be like most all other manufacturers and be conventional. Push forward to go forward faster. Pull back to slow down or downshift.
real sequential gearboxes in race cars are all push forward to downshift and back to upshift - BMW changed to this on their steptronics starting on MY2002 cars as a result of feedback from customers and magazines. Up to upshift may be easier to understand, but its inconsistent with the g-forces when accelerating/braking.

I agree with FXLENT, who cares what others think!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
848 Posts
Just my $.02, but i wish the shifter was reversed...it is counter-intuitive for me. I've read elsewhere (I've no firsthand knowledge of this) that racing shifters have it reversed from the FX. This is probably the reason I rarely use it. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,096 Posts
FromHereToInfiniti said:
Just my $.02, but i wish the shifter was reversed...it is counter-intuitive for me. I've read elsewhere (I've no firsthand knowledge of this) that racing shifters have it reversed from the FX. This is probably the reason I rarely use it. :(
that is the pilot in you talking :D i think the same way too... forward is down and back is up....if you really want to be picky, the shiter is backwards _and_ on the wrong side :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,983 Posts
Anyone here remember Hurst/Olds his/hers shifters?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
FromHereToInfiniti said:
Just my $.02, but i wish the shifter was reversed- it is counter-intuitive for me.
Here's what's funny: I was renting cars for a few years before I bought my FX (business purposes) and the last car I rented from Hertz was a Mitsu Endeavor (pretty nice SUV, BTW). I had that thing for 6 weeks, and when I first got it, one of the more aggrivating things was how the Manumatic Shifter was "backwards" from almost all of the other cars I'd rented over the years, but I got used to it. Of course, the punchline is that when I got my FX, which was oriented the same way, it was already in my car-brain that way.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top