Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, i just wanted to complain about how uncomfortable i am in the drivers seat. i am not overly big, 5'10 185, the seat controls dig into my leg and cause my back to hurt. i am a chiropractor and sitting at an uneven height will cause this pain. just wanted to vent. anyone have any suggestions? i am thinking of getting rid of it for this reason. have a good holiday and be safe.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I am 6'0 and 170 lbs and have no such problem. Are you sitting too close to the center console?

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
I'm 6' and 175. I have no problems with the seats whatsoever. I think the controls are kind of handy where they're located.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
seat

i know many people who have this problem from different sites. sitting too close to center? i like to be close to my wife but no i am not sitting too close.

·
Registered
706 Posts
This seat thing has been beaten to death. If you want any simpathy you won't get it on this Forum. Do a search here and on FA and you will see everyone's feelings for the past year on the issue of seat comfort and placement of controls.

All recent members should search and read the previous threads on this issue. For us longer term members, we are just plain tired of talking about seat comfort, design and placement of controls. Your in a very small minority when you are complaining about uncomfortable seats. Also, if you do a search and read all the posts, you'll being able to PM the other "uncomfortable" members and get your own little support group going.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm surprised, given your stats. I'm 6'0 and 170 with no complaints about seat comfort (leather bubble, yes... :evil:).

I know it's not ideal, but how about one of those 3rd party seat warmer things (Sharper Image has one I think). Some really BIG guy got his seat reupholstered which helped.

Have you tried various seat / stearing column combinations?

·
Registered
498 Posts
I think part of the problem is that the seat base is a bit on the long side. Too bad Infiniti didn't include an adjustment to shorten or lengthen it ala many other manufacturers.

I also generally pump up the lumbar but have found with the Inifiniti seats, they are more comfy with it barely pumped up.

Took me a while but I eventually found a position that was acceptable.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
you have to mess around with it a bit, but you can make these seats as conmfy or uncomfy as you want in seconds. try different heights and base angles and work in the lumbar. i have mine set ata a very nice setting and it supports my back very well

·
Registered
15 Posts
tired of the seat issue.... in reading the posts on this site for awhile, i see many repeated questions concerning what color i should buy, what wax to use, how is your gas milage, is the ride to harsh, i got a ding, silly questions one can find the answers to in the owners manual. do these people bug you too? if we new folks offend or bother you take a break for awhile, no need to be rude in your response, if you have nothing to say dont say it. like i said in my first sentence i was just venting.

happy holidays to you all

·
Registered
15 Posts
seat

the problem with me seems to be the hard piece of plastic that sticks into my leg when driving. my right leg sitting higher then my left. i have tried moving the seat around but to no avail, thanks for the suggestions and not yelling to go look in the past posts to find a support group. be well drive safe

·
Registered
706 Posts
Let me get them for your convenience:

http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewto ... =seat+pain

http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewto ... =seat+pain

http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads ... art=1&vc=1

http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads ... st67851535

http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads ... art=1&vc=1

anyone have any suggestions?
They may be some suggestions you like in these threads.

in reading the posts on this site for awhile, i see many repeated questions concerning what color i should buy, what wax to use, how is your gas milage, is the ride to harsh, i got a ding, silly questions one can find the answers to in the owners manual.
Not one of these questions would be answered in the owners manual. Have you ever read one?

·
Registered
15 Posts
old timer

i wasn't referring to the questions i wrote ( ie color), many people ask general questions that can be found in the owners manual. for your info. i have read it.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
There are a few topics that come up from time-to-time that cause a great deal of displeasure for some of the members that have been here a long time. Seat control placement, ride discomfort, 35 vs 45, grounding wires, and the automatic A/C are a few examples. Those topics seem to polarize people to the extreme and get beat to death -- usually leaving a few members bruised and no one wins.

I think it's a good idea for everyone to search around the forum before asking a new question. If you find an appropriate thread and still want to continue the discussion, post there. Likewise, it would be very helpful if those who know where previous discussions have taken place, to simply refer the person with the query to that location. A little more patience on everyone's part will make things much better here. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I moved to problems.

This is a problem not general, so to make easier for others to find if they have the same issue they can find it.

:D

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
huma2 and humahuma2 - Are you the Same person? ...or just a coincidence?

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
pauly47 said:
Wow...guys with bony a$$es feeling things sticking in them...I'm 5-8 and 205 with a HUGE a$$. I fit in great. My only problem is when I lean over to fart my seat reclines ! :lol:
sh*t! ... i can make it recline just BY farting :twisted:

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
I'm 5'7" 140 lbs and don't have any issues with hitting the seat controls. However, my bony a$$ thinks my graphite seats are WAY too soft. :x The brick leather is a lot firmer...

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
I am 6' and 200 pounds and the seat is just perfect for me. Most comfortable seat I've been in. However, I am just now having the bubbling problem on the passenger side :(

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
I never realized my thighs cover the seat controls; I never had any pain and I never looked. But yesterday when stuck in one of LA's notorious traffic jams, I was bored and looked down and realize that yeah, they sure do (and it's been like this forever, I'm not bigger in the legs since I got my FX in 11/03).

I'm 6'3" 215; are youse guys experiencing the pain more bottom-heavy?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.