Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
I suspect it works, but did you read their disclaimer:

SALE CONDITIONS FOR PHOTOBLOCKER PRODUCT
The product is for off road use only and is of novelty value only. It may be illegal to use this product on the road. This product is excluded from any 12 month manufacturer warranty. Upon purchasing this product, the customer becomes responsible for any legal implications as a result of the use or misuse of this product. There is no guarantee that this product will stop you getting a speeding ticket.
Also, since you are in LA, you might be interested in this:
LA Times: Fuzzing up the policing picture

(moving this out of Suspension, Tires, and Rims)

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
It is Illegal in the State of Texas.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
particlefx said:
It FIGURES that the LA Times takes the "Oh, they want to run red lights!" view of this instead of the "Whenever there's red-light cameras, most of the tickets got thrown out 'cause they shortened the yellow" or "Culver City loves red-light cameras 'cause of all the revenue they generate" (most times I see someone get hit by the flash, they barely missed the light, so it's not like there's any oncoming traffic).

I mean, I just don't GET this city (state?) sometimes! Traffic SUXXORS in L.A.- it's a national joke about how bad it is, and it's not all due to the slow, brake-happy Cali drivers who can't get going - most lights in LA aren't synchronized so the light ahead of you turns red just as yours turns green, and big, major intersections don't have protected lefts, so one or two cars make it thru a left and you can easily take 10 mins to turn. A man ran for mayor here with part of his platform being that he'd time the lights and didn't make the runoff, and now I see the LA Times thinks the "85 Percentile" rule should be thrown out, because- and I bet they said this with a straight face- "people drive too fast here". GMAFB!

·
Registered
392 Posts
kcrudup said:
particlefx said:
It FIGURES that the LA Times takes the "Oh, they want to run red lights!" view of this instead of the "Whenever there's red-light cameras, most of the tickets got thrown out 'cause they shortened the yellow" or "Culver City loves red-light cameras 'cause of all the revenue they generate" (most times I see someone get hit by the flash, they barely missed the light, so it's not like there's any oncoming traffic).

I mean, I just don't GET this city (state?) sometimes! Traffic SUXXORS in L.A.- it's a national joke about how bad it is, and it's not all due to the slow, brake-happy Cali drivers who can't get going - most lights in LA aren't synchronized so the light ahead of you turns red just as yours turns green, and big, major intersections don't have protected lefts, so one or two cars make it thru a left and you can easily take 10 mins to turn. A man ran for mayor here with part of his platform being that he'd time the lights and didn't make the runoff, and now I see the LA Times thinks the "85 Percentile" rule should be thrown out, because- and I bet they said this with a straight face- "people drive too fast here". GMAFB!
I hate all this stupid cameras all over the city!!! They got red-light cameras, Police Cameras. The next thing is going to be speed cameras! I feel like im being watched 24/7. And if anyone in Chicago has seen those new Police Cameras, they really make the city look bad, I dont really mind the camera that much, is the fact that they have a diren flashing on top of them, they just annoy me soo much!

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
There was photoradar for awhile in Toronto....until a newly elected Provincial government scrapped the program (around the time I got my license :)

Yet another new Provincial government hasn't ruled out bringing it back during it's mandate.

jorgemiranda said:
I hate all this stupid cameras all over the city!!! They got red-light cameras, Police Cameras. The next thing is going to be speed cameras!

·
Registered
81 Posts
kcrudup said:
particlefx said:

I mean, I just don't GET this city (state?) sometimes! Traffic SUXXORS in L.A.- it's a national joke about how bad it is, and it's not all due to the slow, brake-happy Cali drivers who can't get going - most lights in LA aren't synchronized so the light ahead of you turns red just as yours turns green, and big, major intersections don't have protected lefts, so one or two cars make it thru a left and you can easily take 10 mins to turn. GMAFB!
Sometimes it's faster to make 3 right turns then a left. Unless you have ever lived in LA, you can't imagine how shittay the roads/traffic/lights are there. The infrastructure is 50 years old and uses 25 year old technology. Good thing there's so much government surpluss $$$ after paying half the residents government cheese to build/update the roads, ehh comrads?!?!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.