Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering have any of our fellow owners ever flew by another FX or have been flown-by, by an FX??? :)

·
Registered
882 Posts
i have on the 280 freeway on the way from san francisco to San Jose. I was a little late to something and blew by another FX at 120 mph.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wonder what are the other FX drivers thinking when we barrel past them at Mach speed. Are there any witnesses???

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
The only ones I have seen driving, are people in 60's and up gripping the steering wheel like the car is going to turn by itself any second and staring straight ahead.

The one I approached here in town was a lady (65+) driving a red FX. I said "sweet car isnt?" She started yelling "whatever, get away from me."

I give up :roll:

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Sweet Fx said:
The only ones I have seen driving, are people in 60's and up gripping the steering wheel like the car is going to turn by itself any second and staring straight ahead.
<sigh>
Sadly enough, same here. And if they're not old, they're either women or balding, middle-aged guys.

However, this one time (... in band camp :)) I was on the 101 earlier this year and some dude in a black '45 and I owned that road!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have witnessed a younger group of FX owners on this side of states. I also had to assist an FX while he was getting his tail handed to him by the Cayanne S. Needless to say, but they didn't even see me coming. Oh yeah, I did high beam the FX to let him know that I was joining the pursuit. The Cayanne S was easy as I passed him in 3rd gear at 105mph. He caught up at the toll plaza, but it was already too late. :lol: Driving in manual is the best when it comes to WOT. :D

·
Registered
848 Posts
Haven't had any fly-bys. I usually fly up on them, give a thumb's-up (mixed reactions received), and fly off.

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
kcrudup said:
[Sadly enough, same here. And if they're not old, they're either women or balding, middle-aged guys.
Let me make myself perfectly clear - - no more use of the "...middle-aged, balding..." statement; I happen to resemble that remark!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm a 47.5 year old FX owner who can hang with any of you "Young Pups!!!" 8)

·
Registered
848 Posts
PullingMaxGs said:
kcrudup said:
[Sadly enough, same here. And if they're not old, they're either women or balding, middle-aged guys.
Let me make myself perfectly clear - - no more use of the "...middle-aged, balding..." statement; I happen to resemble that remark!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't think you've seen a picture of Kenny, have you? FWIW, I'm also in the same category, but 46. :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
PullingMaxGs said:
kcrudup said:

I'm with PullingMaxGs here. I'm 53, going on 25 and refuse to grow up.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
:) Starting to wonder, how many here are over 40? ...50? ...+ ? :shock: Or should we ask? :roll:

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
:) Starting to wonder, how many here are over 40? ...50? ...+ ? :shock: Or should we ask? :roll:
...I think the results will be "alarming!" There are probably several "balding" {male and female} FX owners on this Forum. :D

BTW Piniti, if you don't mind me asking - - how old are you? :oops: :D

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
I just turned 40 at the beginning of the month. (But as I can still wear clothes from a decade ago, still have all my hair and don't have any family yet, I don't consider myself "middle aged". :))

Hey, if you're capable of runnin' and gunnin' in your FXen (the only reason to buy this vehicle, of course!) more power to ya- but here in SoCal, we're overstocked with the "more money than sense" crowd who buy nice vehicles (and stuff way more fierce than ours, too) and waste 'em. **** shame. I had to show this one dude that yes, your '45 can corner like this, too.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
fx'ing

For some reason, rarely have I been going in the same direction as another FX. Usually they are going the opposite direction or they are perpendicular to my direction.

The other day was my first time. I made a right on a green. Waiting at a red, headed in my new direction, was another FX. By the time the other FX had a green, I was pretty far. Eventually, only 1 car separated the two of us. When that car in the middle mage a right, the FX sped up to meet me. But instead of passing me, we kept the same speed for a few clicks. I think she was interested in my, ahem, package..........ie. tech or no-tech, 35 vs. 45, etc.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Some time ago, a black 35 flew by me on I-294 toll in Chicago. He was busy of chasing a Maserati going about 100+. I actually saw him coming from behind and stepped aside. Not interested in doing anything stupid with family in the car.

·
Registered
46 Posts
azndrunkyoons2000 said:
a fx tried to fly by me when i was in my s2000 but it was no match for my 3rd gear!!!
I've actually killed some S2000's repeatedly until they apparently learn how to drive em after about a good 8-10 kills in the 70-100+ range... :) (I guess this car is notorious for having to be revved really hard in order to get the power squeezed out of it?)

Otherwise, I can pretty much cruise along side of them w/ little problem. Never raced one from a stop, though!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts