Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had as many problems as I have with my 35?

1. Hatch recall (twice)
2. Seat Rails (twice)
3. ABS activates sporadically - still cannot fix or figure out why
4. Shot foam in driver door panel - rattled like ****
5. Seat memory failed - result of first seat rail install
6. 22,000 on first set of tires
7. XM unit took a crap on me

·
Registered
706 Posts
Nope

·
Registered
498 Posts
Problems I've come across (2004, 22K miles):

- Door panel, window, instrument cluster, center console, A pillar, B pillar, front door armrests and dashboard rattles.
- Trunk was misaligned.
- White noise coming from speakers when stereo is off.
- Odd, intermitten hissing coming from area around catalytic converter.

Have to say I'm disappointed with the number of rattles in the FX. Had a Land Cruiser and 4Runner before, took them offroad and beat the **** out of them... nary a rattle. This thing starts rattling, if you hit a slightly rough paved road. I expected better of a car in this price range given the competition.

·
Registered
882 Posts
2004 FX35 11,000K

Seat rails three times...problem still not fixed
Crappy leather once...still crappy as ever

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tazdevl said:
Problems I've come across (2004, 22K miles):

- Door panel, window, instrument cluster, center console, A pillar, B pillar, front door armrests and dashboard rattles.
- Trunk was misaligned.
- White noise coming from speakers when stereo is off.
- Odd, intermitten hissing coming from area around catalytic converter.

Have to say I'm disappointed with the number of rattles in the FX. Had a Land Cruiser and 4Runner before, took them offroad and beat the **** out of them... nary a rattle. This thing starts rattling, if you hit a slightly rough paved road. I expected better of a car in this price range given the competition.

I have owned 2 Land Cruisers and off-roaded heavily in them as well -- I would have thought that Nissan/Infiniti's build quality would have been even with Toyota, but obviously it is not. I bought the FX35 because I cannot find the time to 'wheel off-road anymore with my young family. If I had to do it all over again, maybe I should have stuck with my TLC. I now have major jack tied up in this FX so I need to shut my pie hole and accept it isn't going to be what I expected.

BTW, on road my Sport 35 rides as well as my '90 FJ62 with Old Man Emu 4" leaf spring suspension did.

·
Registered
706 Posts
One of my previous vehicles was also a Land Cruiser. Most solid vehicle I ever had. Only problem I had was that the stereo speakers made the door rattle with heavy bass. Gas mileage was horrifiic also. Great vehicle though!

·
Registered
498 Posts
I had a 2000. All praise the land cruiser... Toyota does a **** of a job on interiors... they just don't rattle. LOL my gas mileage hasn't been too great on the FX... average 16. Called the dealer on that... never received a callback.

I think the other issue many seem to run into is the huge variance between service levels and competency at the dealerships.

Ugh, Tucson Infiniti... I'm about ready to send Carlos Ghosn an email that includes my experience with the car and a timeline of my experience with the dealership. Might also follow-up with a couple Bschool buddies that work in Nissan Marketing... I guarantee it'll get them riled up.

Last time I got my car back, they cracked the paint on top of the rear bumper from some fatass tech sitting on it (didn't fix it I might add) and put a dent in my seat by sitting on a screwdriver while swapping in a shifter.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have had several problems with first 2003 and then 2004 FX. What is the fix for the sporadic ABS?

I don't think tires lasting 22,000 is a problem. Typically car manufacturers install either the cheapest, or best performance (since magazines record data on stock tires) tires, or somewhere in between. There is no reason for a company to include long-lasting tires. My Subaru Forrester's tires lasted 29K. My BMW, 23K.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
22000 seems pretty normal from the people that have been posting here for the past year. i am at almost 22K myself and they are looking pretty shoddy, but i am shooting for dpring or summer on mine ;) if i could get 30K that would be cool.

do some searching on here and FA for other tire alternatives and how folks think they are wearing. since most people are just now replacing for the first time, you might not get a whole lot of info since the repalcements have not been on long term yet....still a good source to do some research though :)

·
Registered
662 Posts
I'm getting my Toyo Proxes S/T installed today or tomorrow and will post some feedback and pic.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I replaced my GY with BFG KDW's and love them! I have had even normal wear with rotation each oill change. Mine look to last 40-50K miles -- hardly any wear at 13K.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Drew, Sorry to hear your "issues" :roll: with the 35. None with ours so far...Where did/do you wheel the LC? I see a lifted FJ80 on the way to work everyday. Cant complian with OME, I run a modified OME setup on my WJ. :wink:

·
Registered
119 Posts
I had a bad CD Changer day 1, the dealer replaced it in 20 minutes and gave me a Toshiba DVD Player for my home for the trouble. The horn stopped working a month later, the dealer fixed it and gave me a free oil change for the trouble.

My first anniversary is 12/6, 28,000 miles later, no problems. No wrinkles, no bubbles, no rattles, just replaced the tires with winter coming. 2 were below mimimum and decided to go with 4 ($225 ea. mounted and balanced from the dealer).

This one is a winner!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
FX Driver said:
I had a bad CD Changer day 1, the dealer replaced it in 20 minutes and gave me a Toshiba DVD Player for my home for the trouble. The horn stopped working a month later, the dealer fixed it and gave me a free oil change for the trouble.

My first anniversary is 12/6, 28,000 miles later, no problems. No wrinkles, no bubbles, no rattles, just replaced the tires with winter coming. 2 were below mimimum and decided to go with 4 ($225 ea. mounted and balanced from the dealer).

This one is a winner!
:shock: What dealer? I think we're all gonna start road tripping to them. :lol:

·
Registered
119 Posts
I bought the car from Infiniti of Columbus (Ohio). The best buying expeience ever. They serviced the CD Changer.

Cochran Infiniti (Monroeville, PA), these guys service the car. They repaired the horn and sold me the tires. Excellent Customer Service.

I dropped the car off on a Friday morning for the annual PA State Inspection requirement. The front tires did not pass but the rear just made minimum. Service Manager could not get the tires in until Monday. I needed my car for a business trip on Monday and Tuesday to Harrisburg (300 miles). They let me keep the I30 loaner until I returned. 750 miles later I dropped off the I30 and picked up my FX with4 new tires, hard to beat that.

Cochran is the only Infiniti dealer in Pittsburgh, they were my first visit and test drive. However, sticker was the only price that they would talk about so I called Infiniti of Columbus and after 2 phone conversations had a price. Went over to Columbus and we got into a silver FX35, no rails and drove both lots while the GM pointed out all of the choices for me. I bought the silver and no rails, the only one without rails. These guys are great!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
In between them and West Chester their are no other "I" dealers, over 300 mi. :shock: All the way to H'burg. and didn't drop down for a visit to your Rail-less cousin, ...Family :p

·
Registered
119 Posts
We will have to hook up one of these trips. I get out to Harrisburg, York and Lancaster monthly. Problem is my schedule is whacked, meetings, store visits and then the evenings I take my District Managers out for Yuengling and wings. I always have my eye out for your ride. I have stores all over PA.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts