Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m planning on putting an iPod docking station in my FX. Since I don't smoke, I was thinking of somehow putting it inside the front ash try on the center console. So when it’s not in use, it can be hidden. Thanks to ShadyJC and others, I’ve figured out on how to connect the audio signals. However, I haven’t found a clean way of hardwiring up the power to the dock. I’d prefer not having the cigarette charger unit sticking out of any of the outlets. Has anyone done this before? If so what parts will I need? What precautions should I take? Thanks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After doing some searching on the internet, I have found that the power cord can’t be simply hardwired because the cigarette plug converts from 12v to 6v. The simplest, easiest method is to purchase an additional 12v outlet from RadioShack, trim down the casing size of the adapter and outlet, and then use some electrical tape to secure it inside the cousole or under the dash. If you guys have a better solution, please let me know. Thanks.
http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?cookie_test=1&catalog_name=CTLG&product_id=270-1556

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.