Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've changed the plugs coil packs fuel pump battery crank shaft sensor position one and two. It will fire right up first time of the day. After that it has a hard start and floods after the third time.The plugs arnt loose new air filter new mass air flow sensor. I am completely stumped can anyone please help ?? 馃檹

Registered
I've changed the plugs coil packs fuel pump battery crank shaft sensor position one and two. It will fire right up first time of the day. After that it has a hard start and floods after the third time.The plugs arnt loose new air filter new mass air flow sensor. I am completely stumped can anyone please help ??
I鈥檓 running into the same issue now with mine. Let me know how it was resolved and I鈥檒l do the same once mine is fixed. I have only replaced the plugs and coil pack though.

The shop I took it to because the car was running rough replaced the coils and pack at my request, but now it won鈥檛 really even start. it鈥檒l crank but engine will sputter and not run more than a few seconds.
They suggested the timing chain jumped and I need to replace the engine and even suggesting think about getting another car. What da??

The car is doing worse now than it was when I took it to the shop. Needless to say they will not ever work on my car again.

When I was out of town, I stopped by Z1 motorsports since they specialize in these Nissan engines. I described to one of the guy what was going on. He suggested that it is very likely not the timing chain because that rarely happens on these engines. He just suggested three things: first pull the error codes. Next check the coil packs and make sure that none were swapped. And lastly it could be the cam position sensor. I鈥檓 going to do that when I get back in town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've replaced both cam position sensors. Both Crank shaft sensor plugs coil packs fuel pump I replace the fuel pressure regulator. Starts fine first go over the day gets me where im going then floods itself. It had to be something with the fuel lines or fuel pressure.

Registered
I've replaced both cam position sensors. Both Crank shaft sensor plugs coil packs fuel pump I replace the fuel pressure regulator. Starts fine first go over the day gets me where im going then floods itself. It had to be something with the fuel lines or fuel pressure.
Have you scanned it for error codes yet?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you scanned it for error codes yet?

Yes original code was crankshaft sensor position A. I changed it going through and checking all relays and fuses tomorrow. It won't hold fuel pressure for some reason

Registered
I had this happen to me and it turned out to be an injector that never shut off. When the engine sits for a while the gas will run down into your crankcase causing your oil level to rise and smell like gas.
In the morning the engine is no longer flooded because the gas has run into your crankcase and the engine starts right up.
When you shut your engine off and go into a store and come out in a few minutes your engine has been flooded by that little nasty injector and is difficult to start or won鈥檛 start.

Registered
I had this happen to me and it turned out to be an injector that never shut off. When the engine sits for a while the gas will run down into your crankcase causing your oil level to rise and smell like gas.
In the morning the engine is no longer flooded because the gas has run into your crankcase and the engine starts right up.
When you shut your engine off and go into a store and come out in a few minutes your engine has been flooded by that little nasty injector and is difficult to start or won鈥檛 start.
So how do you diagnose if it's a faulty injector? & How do you know which one?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts