Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is just is a non specific question about Hankook, but specific answers on the above tire are welcome.

Anyone have ANY experience with Hankook? I can't find a lot of information on the web about them. Considering a set of the FX, but am worried about the brand (since I know nothing about them)

Thanks,

·
Registered
848 Posts
Never heard of the company, but the word "Hankook" (or Hangook depending on the translation) means Korean.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
A few people in Taiwan are running nitto 420 and at least to my knowledge it handles really well in dry not sure about wet yet.

Jim

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
I believe Hankook is a pretty big tire company based in Korea. I have heard the company name but never had the tires.

I think I remember a few years back they stirred up some controversy in New Jersey by hanging a billboard on the NJ Turnpike right outside of Newark Airport with a very scantily clad girl and the tagline "Make Love to the Road". This caused enough people to get upset and the girl was eventually replaced with a big lipstick kiss.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Hankook Tire is one of the largest tire companies from Korea. I heard they make pretty good products. Haven't had them for myself though. They also make tires for air plane.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PINITI-FX said:
Don't know about them, but just wanted to say that the Name & #'s alone Sound like a powerful tire! :lol: What happened to these? http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2637
We can't get them. They are NOT in the country :-( I even started talking to falken. They have been on back order for a while. First it was expect them in "mid November" then it went to "Mid December" and now it's at "Mid January"

We're more or less AT the wear bars and HAD to do something, so we ordered the Hankook's yesterday (Saturday). Having them shipped to a local alignment shop that I trust. I will, of course give my impression of them as soon as we get them mounted and get a couple miles on them.

I really did / do want the falkens, but I can't wait :-(

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Just saw the Hankook Name in todays Pep boys flyer, if that helps.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
About the Same $$ as the Falkens?

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well the tires go on NEXT wednesday :-( They are booked up solid. I was hoping to get them on while I was on vacation, but no go. Looks like we missed a good snow "test" for them as weel.

Being in Northern KY, we go ~8.5" of snow last week, and the roads were brutal for a few days.

FX sat in the garage most of it since I was off, the wife took my truck (4x4). But I went out a couple times to run errands. And believe me 35k old stock GY's *at* the wear bars are not very good in the snow :roll: I've driven MUCH worse in the snow, and while your not gonna get stuck, you have to be very careful turning. There is very little lateral grip on the mostly gone GY's

Oh well... Hankook impressions to follow in a week or so.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm a newbie here and have been lurking for a few weeks. There seems to be alot of useful info on this board.

Anyway, I just put on the Hankooks last week. My first impression is that they have significantly less grip than the Goodyears.
I was hoping for a tire that was equally balanced between durability and traction. Well, these have less traction. I guess it will be another 2 years or so before I know about the wear.
25,000 miles just didn't seem to be enough time for a set of tires.
I guess its like the guy @ the tire store said, "you gotta pay to play."

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
AusFX said:
I'm a newbie here and have been lurking for a few weeks. There seems to be alot of useful info on this board.

Anyway, I just put on the Hankooks last week. My first impression is that they have significantly less grip than the Goodyears.
I was hoping for a tire that was equally balanced between durability and traction. Well, these have less traction. I guess it will be another 2 years or so before I know about the wear.
25,000 miles just didn't seem to be enough time for a set of tires.
I guess its like the guy @ the tire store said, "you gotta pay to play."
Just wondering... Where did you get them and what did you pay/each for them?

Also, we just had them mounted last night. It was/is very wet out so a review will follow soon. First impression is that they are smooth and quite (like most new tires)...

·
Registered
363 Posts
I got the Hankook Ventus's put on yesterday on 20" wheels, having had the fctory issue 18" wheels and tires before that. I was astonished at the fact that these tires were softer and queter than the stock 18's. They acted much the way a good stereo amplifier would. they communicate all that you need or want to know about at tolerable, if not pleasant levels, and all unnecessarry sounds and bumps are subdued. The harshness and razor edged sharpness of roadbumps are gone, and yet hqandling is better still than the 18's. I've never driven an fx with the 20 inch goodyears save for the test drive, so I have no real margin for comparison. Any mushiness i felt in the tires is more likely than not attributed to the fact that my tires were oonly inflated to between 30 and 32 PSI. once everything is inflated to spec, i'm sure it'll be much better. I'll come back once everything is in order for a final report

·
Registered
35 Posts
dmtalon said:
Just wondering... Where did you get them and what did you pay/each for them?

Also, we just had them mounted last night. It was/is very wet out so a review will follow soon. First impression is that they are smooth and quite (like most new tires)...
It was about $1,000 at Discount Tire.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts