Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I searched and never really found an exact answer.

On reviews, it appears to rate higher than most others as a replacement tire for the FX. Comparable tread wear, agressive look and supposedly quiet and good in the wet weather. Cost is even in line.

So, what is the big reaon NOT to get them? Are they more narrow than OEM?

I have 22K on mine, and I will need to replace within the next 5K as they are getting low.

KDWs dont have the tread life, so I am going to pass
Toyos are and option
Falken are too narrow..according to 2Fast4U
Fuzion Suk
Goodyears...see Fuzion above
Yokohama have no tread life either and cost $

·
Registered
387 Posts
I haven't done any research regarding tires (yet) cuz I still have a little while but I saw a set on a slightly modded Ford Explorer this morning and thought they were actually some really good looking tires.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Hankook seem to do better in snow based on what I've read.

Only reason not to get them is that they really are not a recognized brand in the US. Though it seems like they are getting traction in the OE market in the US.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
You cant go wrong with this price

http://www.wholesaletireoutlet.com/wto/ ... 5822117168

When I did the whole pro and con list for me (woman thing)
I had decided to go with a long thread wear and good for all seasons. Mud and snow rated. Extra thick ridge so that I (god forbid) hit a curb, there is extra padding there so not hit the rim.
I decided I needed to get the best value for my cash.

I went with all season, 420 tread wear, 169 mph rated.
Everyone who has seen them...Just LOVE them.

I never relized how much people touch your tires. :?

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Sweet. I think I have to get me a set before the National Event. Looks like my schedule is going to allow me the trip!

·
Registered
527 Posts
sweet...who did the install and how much was it?

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
My very experinced mechanic. I pay threw the nose for everything and I get to sit next to my car while he touches it.

I paid $ 170.00 for mount and balance. And it took about just over 1 hour. But he perfectly balance them and no extra scratches.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Geaux,
I stopped by the dealership today and saw those OE GoodYear for sale. Many of us dislike them but oh boy I have to say they are very wide and good looking, the treads/foot print are very flat and wide ( did I say wide again?) very stiff sidewalls = great for handling. I'm looking around town to see who has the Hankook and Toyo tires off car to compare them with my Falken.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I just saw my 265/40/22 Toyo's right next to a set of 20's. They do look a bit skinnier, am i making a bad decision going with the 265/40's and not stepping up to a 285/35?????

·
Registered
411 Posts
Berylium35 said:
I just saw my 265/40/22 Toyo's right next to a set of 20's. They do look a bit skinnier, am i making a bad decision going with the 265/40's and not stepping up to a 285/35?????
How wide are your 22s? If they're 9.5 or better, I'd go with the 285s. All the shots I've seen of 265/22s do tend to look a lot skinnier than the 265/20s. Must be some kind of optical illusion, but you've noticed it too.

Matthew

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2Fast4U said:
Geaux,
I stopped by the dealership today and saw those OE GoodYear for sale. Many of us dislike them but oh boy I have to say they are very wide and good looking, the treads/foot print are very flat and wide ( did I say wide again?) very stiff sidewalls = great for handling. I'm looking around town to see who has the Hankook and Toyo tires off car to compare them with my Falken.
John, what OE Goodyear? A set of Take Offs of an FX? the RSAs or whatever the crap on our FXs have on them?

Or a different one?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Berylium35 said:
I was gonna get 265/40/22's with my new wheels but i changed my mind to 285/35. 285/35 also has a smaller diameter than 265/40/22 (basically stock diameter , 1/10 of an inch smaller) so the 285/35 should improve acceleration (not sure by how much) Anyone know how much?

Here is difference

265/50/20
Diameter : 30.4"

285/35/22
Diameter : 29.9"

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
GEAUX said:
2Fast4U said:
Geaux,
John, what OE Goodyear? A set of Take Offs of an FX? the RSAs or whatever the crap on our FXs have on them?

Or a different one?
Geaux,
The ones I saw at the dealer were our GY Original Equipt. Dealer wants them for $227 each....They are fine to me in prformance wise and they are hefty. Let me have your old GY whenever you replace them with new set. THANKS.

·
Registered
411 Posts
fx45copper said:
Berylium35 said:
I was gonna get 265/40/22's with my new wheels but i changed my mind to 285/35. 285/35 also has a smaller diameter than 265/40/22 (basically stock diameter , 1/10 of an inch smaller) so the 285/35 should improve acceleration (not sure by how much) Anyone know how much?

Here is difference

265/50/20
Diameter : 30.4"

285/35/22
Diameter : 29.9"
Smaller diameter helps, obviously. How much do your 22" wheels weigh? If they weigh as much or more than the stock 20" wheel/tire combo, that extra weight will likely offset any increase the shorter diameter gained for you.

Matthew

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.