Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since Old Man Winter is still lurking around, I can't baby wash my FX at home.

any good places in the GTA (Toronto guys) for a nice hand wash? There's a franchise called Fine Details? Any good?

I'm not so enthused about drivin the FX through the automated washes. My old car has enough war stories to vouch.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Try going to Autobahn auto salon. They generally work with $$ cars (I saw an E55, RS6(!!) and 996 turbo all in one day there) and do an amazing job. Maybe a bit pricey, but well worth it. Just wash is 30, wash + wax is $80 and then they have full treatments that are near $300... :oops:

http://www.the-autobahn.com/

The weather in TO has been great lately 8)

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
A little off topic here.
Sometimes when it's cold here in Houston and I need to wash my car for hot dates..., put soap in the bucket and fill it up with warm/hot water. Everytime I deep that sponge in the bucket, boy it feels good.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
1st moving this to detailing

I always had wash also, even when it is 20 degrees or so. I cant handle people walking by my car, I would have a stroke if they washed it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
It depends where in TO you are located.

I've used Fine Details in Richmond Hill and they are okay. I wouldn't rank them any higher than that but I'd use them again.

Autobahn is probably one of the best places around. They've worked on my cars in the past and they're used to working with high-end cars.

I used to get my car detailed at a place at Yonge and Eg when I used to live and work there. Downtown there are many detail places located in parking garages but I can't attest to any of them.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My uncle told me about Sunoco's new touchless car wash. It is completely touchless. No tracks to ride through even.

By the way, I live in the center of Richmond Hill, near Yonge and Major Mac. I pass by that Fine Details all the time. I contacted them and they said I needed to leave the car for the day. pffft.

·
Registered
154 Posts
93til said:
My uncle told me about Sunoco's new touchless car wash. It is completely touchless. No tracks to ride through even.

By the way, I live in the center of Richmond Hill, near Yonge and Major Mac. I pass by that Fine Details all the time. I contacted them and they said I needed to leave the car for the day. pffft.
I guess they must have been busy that day. I'm just over at Yonge and Elgin Mills and I've been able to wait for my car there. I had them wax it before winter and I dropped it off and had them pick me up (I work from my apartment).

I've found touchless car washes don't do a good job on our cars.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Had my car done again on Friday at the touchless. Another FX also in line!

If you are interested, it's the Sunoco on the north side of Highway 7, just before the turn to Yonge.

This new wash is pretty good getting at every surface. The drying is not so good though. But, it's probably better to finish that up yourself anyways.

Know that there are no tracks. So, one car at a time in the wash bay, with each car taking between 2 and 6 minutes depending on which wash package you take.

I think the prices are $8, $10, $12 + a twonie if no gas. But they've been giving me the discount even when I don't get any gas.

Punisher said:
I guess they must have been busy that day. I'm just over at Yonge and Elgin Mills and I've been able to wait for my car there. I had them wax it before winter and I dropped it off and had them pick me up (I work from my apartment).

P.S. The food sucks up here, no?. Used to live in Scarborough where there was much more "ethnic" variety.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I can't seem to place that Sunoco. The only one I know is on Yonge just north of Hwy 7 but I don't think they have a car wash.

The ones with tracks do not hurt the car. Remember, I had 285's on my last car and that thing made it through those washes no problem......well, until I put headers on and lowered it!

Food......it depends on what you're looking for. The area that I live seems to have a decent variety but they're not going to win any awards.

93til said:
Had my car done again on Friday at the touchless. Another FX also in line!

If you are interested, it's the Sunoco on the north side of Highway 7, just before the turn to Yonge.

This new wash is pretty good getting at every surface. The drying is not so good though. But, it's probably better to finish that up yourself anyways.

Know that there are no tracks. So, one car at a time in the wash bay, with each car taking between 2 and 6 minutes depending on which wash package you take.

I think the prices are $8, $10, $12 + a twonie if no gas. But they've been giving me the discount even when I don't get any gas.

Punisher said:

P.S. The food sucks up here, no?. Used to live in Scarborough where there was much more "ethnic" variety.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.