Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

well, a few days driving around with the H&R springs, I have to say that I am really happy with them. When I got my FX four weeks ago, I was very surprised about how firm the original suspention is. I expected it to be a little more like a Cadillac, smooth like a La-z-boy. :) But since I am used to Germany cars I enjoyed the sporty feeling of the FX right from the start.
Anyway, when I picked up my car with the new springs installed I drove around for a while. I wouldn't say that it is rougher than before, but now I got a step closer to what I liked about my old BMW Z3 Coupé, the feeling of being glued to the road. The handling of the car improved a lot and I guess with 20mm spacers it will be perfect. I haven't been on the AUTOBAHN yet, but I will let you guys know how the FX feels on the "race track". ;)

I attached two pictures, "before" and "after". I forgot to check the space between tires and fenders with the original springs, but now I have 4cm in the back and 4,5cm in the front. It doesn't look like much in the photos, but when you see it live you notice the difference.

Axel

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
whoa~ i see there a lot difference in heights....
Wish that FX has Air sus. so we could adjust the heights like before, and after pic.

your car looks sharp with lower spring. wonderful choice and looks great!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Looking good. I've always preferred H&R over Eibach. Only if there were avail in the US.....

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Where did you get your H&R springs from?

Jim

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Jim,

as I already metioned in another tread I got them directly from H&R. We do not have Infiniti in Germany, so H&R are not offering the springs for the FX over here. But since they are a German company they gladly helped me out. :wink:

Axel

·
Registered
411 Posts
Axel said:
Hi Jim,

as I already metioned in another tread I got them directly from H&R. We do not have Infiniti in Germany, so H&R are not offering the springs for the FX over here. But since they are a German company they gladly helped me out. :wink:

Axel
So if they're not selling them in Germany, and they're not selling them in the US... Where are they selling them?

Matthew

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
BigMatt said:
Axel said:
Hi Jim,

Axel
So if they're not selling them in Germany, and they're not selling them in the US... Where are they selling them?

Matthew
Matt

Since you have been on this board for a while, you know I love to try new things no matter where they come from. My question was for a misunderstanding on my behalf, I just wanted to know if they sold the H&R springs in either in US or in Europe because I know in the US it is not avaliable yet. I was thinking about changing to see if any performance gaines.

Jim

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Just a point to consider and a reminder that everyone (stateside) who has Lowered their FX (past, present & future) have been Promised release dates, back orders, etc. and therefore decided to Wait for the H&R springs. :( After many months, some even over a year (search) members who had a desire to lower finally went with the Eibachs. :D There's 2 days left to take advantage of an Eibach GB @ $240 SHIPPED ! > http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewto ... 3&start=25 There's nothing like a lowered FX 8) I've personally seen brnjug's & AfterFx's and the "LOOK" puts KITI to shame. ~ I too, along with 10+ others will No Longer wait. Join us if you like. *Hope this helps those on the fence.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Jim,

My reply was semi-sarcastic, wondering-out-loud, not directed at anyone. I just find it funny that H&R doesn't sell the springs in Germany, and doesn't seem to sell them in the US either. I just don't get it. Clearly, the springs exist - Axel has them on his FX. Why aren't they available in the world's largest consumer market, and the primary market for the FX?

That's what I don't get, and that was the point of my post. It was not directed at anyone, except maybe the marketing geniuses at H&R that make springs but don't sell them anywhere.

I've had better experiences with H&R springs vs Eibach. And based on that, I'd really rather get the H&R springs... But that group buy is too good a price to ignore. I'll likely place my order later this afternoon - and try to forget that the H&R springs exist. Which shouldn't be so hard, since no one on this side of the pond can get their hands on them.

Matthew

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi,

did anyone of you ever contact the H&R distributor to ask when their springs will be available in the US???

@ Lovett: How about next Saturday?

Axel

·
Registered
206 Posts
they are on ebay guys :roll:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As I have promised, here is a short Autobahn update:

After two weeks with the H&R springs I must say I enjoy them more and more every day. The handling of the car is great and as I have mentioned before the feeling of the suspention is perfect, not to hard, not to firm. Espescially when I am driving over 100mph the FX is still solid as a rock and does not do funny things like bouncing or shaking.
It is difficult for me to say, if they are better then the Eibachs, but I guess someelse will tell us pretty soon. :wink:

Axel

·
Registered
411 Posts
Axel - Thanks for the update. Yeah, a big chunk of us in the US will know how the Eibachs work here pretty soon... I'm very anxious to get them on.

Have you considered getting a strut tower bar? I had actually ordered my STB before I got my FX and installed it shortly after delivery, so I don't have any before and after stories, but everyone that has done it absolutely loves the mod.

Matthew

·
Registered
309 Posts
Agreement

I second that... Hugs the ramps with ease. I am almost scared to push it, cause so far it has handled some pretty good speed on the curves..

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
yek kosa khoshkel said:
they are on ebay guys :roll:
Yes they are listed on eBay. Having them in stock is another thing. I did the "buy it now" a few months ago. After a week or two of promises to deliver, the seller finally admitted they did not have the H&R springs in stock.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Stupid question

Not exactly chomping on the bit here, but I was wondering why all of the springs (H&R AND Eibach) are 03-04? Did I miss something? Did they change the suspension for 05?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.