Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally have my H&R spacers installed on my FX45 that has been lowered with Eibach Pro Springs. The 20mm versions are still on indefinite back-order with a huge waiting list from 7+ months ago and stuck in Germany. I believe that I'm the first to try the 25mm spacers for our FX45/35s. They are mechanically identical to the bolt-on 20mm DRM versions, hubcentric and mount on top of the existing hub (no stud replacement -DRS- which is actually better due to the engineering of the DRM version).

Import Options acquired a genuine set of H&R 25mm spacers and I took them based on reviewing my measurements again. It turns out that the 25mm are the best visually than the 20mm front and rear. In fact, I feel that its a better choice and absolutely perfect with the Eibach Springs installed. The bulging part of my stock Goodyear GSA tires do not extend past the fender lip at all in the front nor the rear. I'm especially impressed with the stance and appearance. Cornering is flatter so far based on an increased track of 50mm fr/rr (~2in) and feels better planted in suspension transitions. No perceptible turning radius disadvantages and it really feels as stock in 3-pt turns and such.

I'll post pics for those interested once the rain lets up.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I wanna see pics. :)

I put 15mms on my car and posted up the detailed pics of w/ and w/o the spacers. I wasn't the first cos someone else had 5mm spacers.

The trend sure has taken off though and now we're up to the max of 25mm. Wowza. Lets see some pics.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I second the request for pics. I'm really interested to see how it looks lowered with spacers.

Matthew

·
Registered
779 Posts
I "third" the request for pictures. By the way:
1. Where did you get them from (website)?
2. How much did you pay?
:)

Thanks

·
Registered
185 Posts
Are they chrome???

Never mind. Just being a wise ass. After all it's Friday and time for another beer.

I would also like to see pictures. From what I have seen the FX really looks nice with a little offset to the wheels.

·
Registered
599 Posts
A bit off topic but I had Infiniti change my tires to my new Toyo Proxes S/T today and they gave me some sh!t about how they can't warranty the wheels anymore since I put spacers and changed the hub bolts to longer ones.

They also gave me some sh!t about how I installed my K40 and screwed up the electricals in my car cos my cigarette lighter in the ashtray wasn't working.

So just hope everyone out there has a mod friendly dealer, unlike mine. Not like I really even modified my car (electric wise.) I just hardwired my radar.. How the **** did that screw up my cigarette lighter... which isn't even remotely in the same place....

:roll:

·
Registered
832 Posts
I too would like to see some pics.
I have 20mm rear & 15mm front with Eibachs and I think the 20mm was already flushed.

Any further wouldn't the tire stick out?

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
I'm a bit confused...do you have the DRM or the DRS series? I'm assuming you have the DRS.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AfterFX said:
I'm a bit confused...do you have the DRM or the DRS series? I'm assuming you have the DRS.
I have the "DRM version" as mentioned above which does not replace the original wheel studs. I understand from Option Imports that they are identical in design to the 20mm Infiniti/Nissan set that are also DRM style. I'll get you all pics soon after I wash my FX45 hopefully on a nice day tomorrow.

Here' s the descriptions from H&R in regards to differences in the DRS/DRM series.

http://optionimports.com/h-r-spacer.html

In regards to price for krzys4, I had a great price of $100 per pair x2 = $200 for the (4) 20mm H&R spacers from Option Imports here in Southern, CA.. They normally go for $118.75 ea pair x 2= $237.50. The 25mm set is usually $142.45 / ea x 2 pair = $284.90. Since I waited so long and had several follow-ups with H&R and Option Imports, they gave me the (2) pairs for the same price of $200.00 flat. Originally, I had them match a price from another H&R distributor 7+ months ago in order to get them for $200.00 for the set of 4 spacers. 8)

Price Matrix as found on Option Import's website:

http://www.optionimports.com/h-r-spacer-infiniti.html

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
25mm seems like alot, I am running 10mm in the front and 15mm in the rear. With the 15mm the wheels already flushed with the fender.

Jim

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
jimsbmw said:
25mm seems like alot, I am running 10mm in the front and 15mm in the rear. With the 15mm the wheels already flushed with the fender.

Jim
Jim, can you post some pix, from many diff angles if you can. Thanks

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here are a few pics I took today in the early evening. I took a bunch but many didn't project an accurate stance of my FX45 in regards to the spacers. I will post more tomorrow once I take some better pics in direct sunlight with no shadows and cleaner angles. In the meantime, I think you'll be able to get an idea of how the 25mm spacers make an FX with Eibach lowering springs sit.

Attachments

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Better close-ups of the rear and front wheels in perspective:

Attachments

·
Registered
599 Posts
Is that an SL55 I see in the background?!?!

The 25mm barely make the wheels flush with the fender. Really hard to tell whether or not it's flush or not but I'm sure that's about as close as it gets!

Looks good no doubt!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ak1nza said:
Is that an SL55 I see in the background?!?!

The 25mm barely make the wheels flush with the fender. Really hard to tell whether or not it's flush or not but I'm sure that's about as close as it gets!

Looks good no doubt!
The 25mm is perfect. The only reason I accepted 25mm over 20mm as an alternative was the fact that I measured roughly 1" (26.4mm) for the rear to match the edge. The front needed a minimum of 25mm as the wheels are inset further and could accomodate more.

Yes, I'm enjoying my 550HP+/560 ft-lbs+ 2004 SL55 AMG in Pewter Silver/Charcoal. It's a great refined and elegant hardtop convertible with great F1 speedshift button shifters on the steering wheel. I'm looking to have 20" HRE 547R forged wheels along with MB lowering links (~1" drop) soon though would really want to go with less common, more exciting, yet classy wheels, like what you see on the Jaguar Coupe Concept on the cover of this months Automobile.

http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewto ... c&start=50

Attachments

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Nice SL55 Dave! Regarding the H&R's, any problems with inner fender well contact?

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.