Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, I've ordered my 20mm H&R DRS Spacers since early September and they are still not anywhere near the US. No ETA either. I have promptly called H&R Customer Service at least once every 2 weeks. Apparently, the 20mm spacers are in very high demand (350Z/G35/I30/Q45/FX35/45, etc.) with very limited supply. My main question, anyone know where a set is available here in the USA?

An alternative are the KICS Project spacers (direct from Japan)which are made out of forged AL (lighter?) vs. H&R's Magnesium-AL Alloy. Hubcentric rings are available. Since I've paid for my spacers in full and have waited so long already, Option Imports is willing to give me the more expensive KICS spacers for the same price as the H&Rs. I understand that KICS spacers have been used on their project track 350Z with no reliability or engineering issues. Any thoughts or experience with the KICS? I see some minor advantages and disadvantages to both although they seem comparable. I still prefer the H&Rs and will probably wait longer.

KICS Project Wheel Spacers:
http://optionimports.com/import-store/kiprwhsp.html

·
Registered
599 Posts
The Kics spacers look pretty well manufactured from the photos on the site. I think they would be alrite as long as you get the hubcentric rings. If Option Imports will give you both the spacers and hubcentric rings at no extra cost then I say go for it.

Otherwise I say wait for the H&R which have been proven on this forum. I've had mine on for more than 10K miles already, no issues. Mine are 15mm.

Just make sure you get the hubcentric rings. Our rims are pretty heavy, 18s or 20s.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
They go between the hub and wheel to push the wheels out more even with the edge of the fender and widen the track of the car.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
an E V E N WideR turning radius (bigger circle) like 38.7 isn't enough already.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ShadyJC said:
RU_MATRX, did they give you any indication of the 15mm H&R spacers? You and I have talked about lowering previously - I was also looking at the KICS spacers (if for no other reason than to be different from everybody else on the board :wink: )

One more thing to try is to give Options Auto (the other place we talked about) a try, small chance but maybe they have the H&R spacers in stock (also cheaper than Option Imports @ $100 for the 20mm, $96 for the 15mm).

http://www.optauto.com/index.htm?parent ... ptid=12539
I've contacted Options Auto Salon several times and they stated that they've been out of them for the longest time as well. In fact, about a month ago they had a 20+ committed order list fpr these 20mm spacers. I was going to double-order with them in order to ensure that I would receive (2) sets whenever they came in. Option Auto Salon is a direct H&R distributor unlike Option Imports.
Btw, I did pay $100 ea for (2) sets from Option Imports as they honored the price I "wanted" to pay for them. :D

In regards to the 15mm spacers, they may very well be available from Options Auto Salon. OPtion Imports has offered to give me the same price on the KICS Project and add the hubcentric spacers for free (Only $200).

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mine said:
Ok, they push the wheels out more. What advantage to I get ??? better driving or ???? :?
Typical wider track 2x20mm= 40mm = ~1 1/2 inch for better cornering stability just like adding 3/4" wider wheels on each side minus the additional tire contact patch, if any, of wider wheels. Also, enhanced looks for the wheel/tires to nicely align with the fender's edge, especially on a lowered FX. An expected, slightly increased turning radius is the only "disadvantage" which I foresee though it may be neglible or insignificant. I will know once I have them on and will report with pictures! Try a search for some pics to better see the relationship between the "before" and "after" effects.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I have 15mm all around and honestly you can't tell the difference in turning radius at all. 15mm like half an inch on each side, so total of 1 inch wider. How much could that really do to turning radius?

He he. We gotta make 3 point turns with the 20s anyways......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts