Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Z1 Motorsports is considering adapting the APS Twin Turbo kit for the 350Z and G35 to fit my FX35. The APS kit makes between 400 and 430 rwhp on the Z & G, thats about 470 to 500 horsepower at the motor.

You can read more about the APS system here: http://www.airpowersystems.com

Peter from APS has asked me to guage interest in a production kit for the FX35. The suggested retail of the current kit is $7495 and the install generally runs between $2000 and $2500, so its a nice chunck of change but for less than $10K you could have a Cayan Turbo killer and maybe be in the 12 second club

So any way, chime in if the price/performance ratio is something you would be interested in and if there is enough interest maybe we can get this ball rolling!

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
****....I wish I made money. :(

What about the single turbo?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Take a look around the APS site and you can see they did their work before releasing the TT set up. They really left no stone untouched! I think it's a great system and if they set up a system for the FX35, I'm sure they will do a lot of testing to ensure it will work reliably.

I had posted concerns about the reliability over at FA but after looking at their instructions and details of the system it seems like a pretty solid kit.

I'd be interested if I had that much spare cash lying around. The only thing of my concern would be whether the AWD system can handle that much additional power. W/ a TT set up, would we be getting higher torque figures than an FX45? If yes, then there should be concerns on the AWD system.

Show me the money! :lol:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PINITI-FX said:
...still guaging? ..."show me the plenum!" :roll: http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads ... st67949852
Yeah well it will take some serious interest by FX enthusiests to put this thing in motion so the guaging will probably go on for a little while. You wanna see the plenum? http://www.airpowersystems.com/350z/plenum/plenum.htm

As far as torque goes, the APS kit is making around 380 at the wheels on the Z/G platform so yeah it is signifficantly higher than the FX45's rating of 329 at the motor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well its really not up to me and APS has just said that they are "looking forward to the response", so I can't really say how many it would take.

As far as a warranty goes, I can't say if APS will offer one or not, but I doubt it. Aftermarket FI kits generally do not offer any warranty over and above product defects. The only one I know of is Stillen and anyone who has delt with Stillen on a warranty claim will tell you they might as well not have one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sweet Fx said:
****....I wish I made money. :(

What about the single turbo?
I actually like the single turbo idea better than twins for the FX. The upside on the single is the power out of the box is about the same, the kit price is about $2000 less an the install should be about $750 less. The downside is that it there is more lag, there is not as much "headroom" for built motor applications and I can't get my hands on one until August or September. :?

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
A little livelier discussion here than the other forum, huh Lorca? Thanks for coming over, hope you find the input and debate useful. As I think you can tell there is a real appetite for performance enhancements, keep the ideas coming!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.