Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This week on one of those auto test shows,they got 6.6 0-60 and 15.0 in the 1/4 with a 6spAT
A very good 35 or some 45's can cover this.More interesting is what happened to one of the true performance sedans in the late '90's

What happened?

·
Registered
471 Posts
The problem with Lexus is that they rely on too much electronic nannies that "know" better than you.

I remember reading that the G430 couldn't negotiate the slalom too fast because the the laser sensor kept interpreting the cones as an impending collision. The computer would then slam the brakes.

I know they have the capability to dumb down the electronics. I attended their performance driving school and while I could get the stability control to trip, the level was MUCH higher compared to the cars you bought off of the showroom. Of course, the Lexus PR guys said the stability control wasn't altered...........yeah, right.

I've been carefully studying the shootout comparisons between the M45, GS430, and 540i, specifically the transmission ratios.
If we had the first 4 gears off of the competition, our 1/4 mile time would be about 0.5 sec quicker.

If you look at our gear ratios, they are rediculously wide. What's the point of hitting 108 mph in 3 rd gear?? Why hit our electronically controlled top speed of 145 mph in 4th @~5800 rpm?

We need closer ratios for performance, especially since we're lugging a lot more weight. Nissan definitely dropped the ball when it spec'd out the 5 spd auto's ratios.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.