Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for a simple K&N replacement air filter. Noticed Grubbs' price, then looked for it elsewhere. Here's my findings..

Grubbs:
$52.99
5% discount: $50.34
Shipping/handling: $10.59
TOTAL: $60.93

A Froogle search http://froogle.google.com/ for the part number returned a price of
$37.95 + $8.00s/h
TOTAL: $45.95

...for a savings of about 15 bucks on a simple air filter! It's probably even cheaper at a local auto shop. It's K&N part number 33-2031-2 for the FX35.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
ouch!!

i have head great luck with the grubbs parts depot on my past orders....

having the official pricelist for the fx, i am still finding them to offer a nice savings on most stuff too......

shame they dont wanna deal with us.......

maybe they cant get a good deal on the filter for some reason??

i dunno really

·
Registered
325 Posts
I found a place sells for $39.25 and free shipping too!!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Did you know that if show up in person that they don't give you the internet price and jack up the price to cover what they cannot charge in shipping and handling?

For example: Body side moldings Internet Price 149.99
In person 170.00

The overall price works out the same. HMMM!

Plus they don't give you the FA discount!

·
Registered
325 Posts
I think they get the discounted internet sales money back on shipping/handling charge. I mean $10 to ship a filter? My guess will be about half of that or even less since they must have contracts with shipping companies. It's just like auctions on ebay, people will just rob you on charging $20-30 on shipping.

·
Registered
8 Posts
They definitely make the difference on the shipping. I remember when I had my FX35 and ordered the Stillen HFAI and shipping was 10% of the cost, which worked out to be like $26!!! Not really a good deal even with the 5% discount

1 - 8 of 8 Posts