Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,
found out am eligable for VPP woohoo.
Contacted Grubbs (only VPP dealer?) and told them my desires.
They asked for as much info. as possible on my trade in.

Well, this was yesterday and today I got a "sight unseen qoute" from them for my trade. I have to say it is a little frugal for a qoute but I understand it is sight unseen and hope they will be a little better in person when they see it. Any experience with this?

Also, on their site they had at least 3 FX's that met my requirements all with VPP prices. However, they told me I would have to wait till March as they do not have these vehicles???? Is their website out of date or do they advertise that which they do not have yet (surely false advertising).

Any experiences with Grubbs and especially VPP will be VERY helpful.
Thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
first off, all dealers honor VPP. walk in and say you are a prospective VPP buyer. as long as the car and model year is on the VPP list, you can get it VPP

second, try NOT to sell to the dealer as they will 99.9% of the time lowball you. take it to CARMAX or sell it outright. you WILL do better (unless you are buddies with the used car mgr :)

as far as having cars posted on the site and having them in stock, most dealers online stock is way out of tune with what they really have on the lot. just call them in advance and see.

i got mine using VPP and had to wait about 1 month for it to come in.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I bought from Gubbs, sight unseen, when I got my FX.

They do not lie and are real easy and upfront to deal with. They made me very happy.

I drove to AZ when they said they had my car and got there and they said "we sold it last night" :roll:

Called Grubbs they had what I wanted, did not want a deposit, drove there and there she was all shiny by the front door. Paperwork was already to sign and was done with the whole transaction in one hour and headed back to NM.

They were quite nice.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks alot.
Great, can try VPP elsewhere then.

Fraid need to trade as am upsidedown :( again lol, and cannot afford to pay the difference in cash. Do not know how else I can do it than trade in with dealer.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well spoke with Clear Lake Infiniti (who have a Graphite with tech./touring).
They said Grubbs is the only VPP dealer they are aware of in the US ?!?!?!?!
Anyway, do'nt care long as get the deal I want/need :)

Nick

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Dakine said:
Well spoke with Clear Lake Infiniti (who have a Graphite with tech./touring).
They said Grubbs is the only VPP dealer they are aware of in the US ?!?!?!?!
Anyway, do'nt care long as get the deal I want/need :)

Nick
If you see the car you are interested at Clear Lake, get your final deal there then let me know, maybe I can help you lower the price/deal a little bit since Kyle Dang is my "buddy".

·
Registered
15 Posts
grubbs

i dealth with ralph at grubbs and he was a pleasure to deal with. had the ecar shipped to me in ga and everything went exactly as he said it would. give ralph a call.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have talked to Ralph, he seem's VERY busy as not easy to get hold of. Also very slow on responding to emails.
Only problem is that the cars he has online he does not have. The one I want will be there in March sometime.
Also he offered me (sight unseen so not too bad) $1,000 less than I want/need for my trade in.
Ford SuperCrew Harley Davidson 100th Anniversary Edition (limited number)
5.4liter Supercharged V8 Triton
Two-Tone Paint Black over Silver (Harley Anniversary color) with Harley Pinstripe
Two-Tone Leather interior. Four Captain Chairs. Black and Silver (Harley Emblem) Heated and electric front
20" Harley Edition Chrome Wheels
Clear front headlights/side lights
Full tilt and slide sunroof
Electric sliding rear window
Chrome interior fixtures
Special Edition Harley Gauges
Snuglid SL hard tonneau cover. Single push close. Flush mount single lock. Carpeted underside.
Bedrug full fitted bed carpet
Ford Supercrew "Bed Extender"
Full Alpine Stereo System. Speakers, 12 disc cd changer, amplifier, motorised lcd screen/head unit, dvd satellite navigation system
Numbered plaque inside cab
24,000 miles
Factory warranty
Royal Purple Fully synthetic engine oil from new
Full maintenance records and receipts for all work/accessories

Babied from new, too much polish/wax to list :)

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
thats nonsense about being the only VPP dealer in the US. i walked right into my dealer said "i am a VPP customer" and they said ok.

any dealer can sell VPP. they just call in your info to a number and get a printout of the exact price to sell that car at. the dealer does not have any control over the numbers (except their doc fees and stuff).

in fact, i think they HAVE to sell you a car that is on the VPP list if you ask for it (and the FX is on the list...even 05s like mine).

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool
just telling ya waht Clear Lake Infiniti said.
They actually stated they think Grubbs is the ONLY VPP dealer in US!
Huh, do any of em know what they are doing?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sure enough a simple google search of Infiniti VPP brings up a ton. Hah!

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Dakine said:
sure enough a simple google search of Infiniti VPP brings up a ton. Hah!
i have to ask my sales guy when i see them again what the exact rules behind this are (i.e.. legally if they can deny you , etc)... he is very forthcoming with me since ive bought a few cars from them :)

that aside, i still think they have to oblige you with VPP even if they dont know you from adam ;)

·
Registered
706 Posts
I don't think the dealers have to participate in the VPP. Also, technically , I believe VPP is available only to selected Nissan business associates.

Here's the website: http://www.thenissanprogram.com/index.php

Also, the dealer may use the paycheck stub to verify the current employment to a qualified business associate company.

The Offer

Through the Vehicle Purchase Program (VPP), NNA and affiliate employees pay a pre-negotiated price for a Nissan vehicle: dealer invoice less any applicable incentives, plus a destination and handling charge and, if applicable, an advertising assessment fee.

For NNA and affiliate employee sponsored friends and extended family members, the VPP price is calculated as follows:

* Dealer invoice
* Minus VPP discount (2.87%)
* Plus dealer added options, Security Plus, etc.
* Plus 2.5% delivery fee of dealer invoice after VPP discount has been subtracted
* Plus destination and handling charge
* Plus marketing assessment as applicable
* Minus applicable incentives
* Equals paticipant's purchase price

Please note that only dealerships in the continental United States and Alaska are eligible to participate in the VPP.

Also, most dealers will match VPP pricing to be competitive but it isn't a true VPP purchase unless you follow the buying process as listed on the website. Also not all vehicles are eligible for VPP pricing from Nissan.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
everything said above is true,but i still think that all dealers have to accept VPP deals as long as the buyer is on the list, and meets the criteria.

in fact, if you read the details, you can actually get your VPP number yourself and bring that to the dealer. i had them look it up, but it can be done the other way around.

i need to ask my dealer what the dirt is on this :p

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
okidoki,
well went to Clear Lake Infiniti and got the skinny.
VPP is nationwide but states have quotas. Grubbs uses up alot of Texas's qouta. But he said he could do me VPP but would do same deal without.
Anyway, my truck (trade) will be ready this week (having little "grille" paint done under warranty) then will take it in and (if they have been straight up with me, which I feel they have) do the deal.
Drove the FX anyway (first time in a tech. package one), Brilliant Graphite, Black interior, touring and tech. package. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!
Roll on my truck being fixed.
Ran my credit to get ball rolling. Said I was marginal with a 670 score? this sound right (am from UK originally so not used to this, also only been here 4 years so credit not built up as could be and do not have a credit card to help).
Nick

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
great!

DG is my favorite color :D

good luck with the trade in and keep us posted. interesting info on the VPP program. learn something new every day.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I think common cutoffs used are 680 and 720 with 680+ being good and 720+ being excellent. Every lender uses different cutoffs though so only Infiniti Financial knows what their cutoffs are. I'm sure he just wanted to sound like he was doing you a favor by telling you your credit was "marginal". Sales people are always looking for leverage. He'll probably tell you later that he can't give you a money factor lower than "X" because of your "marginal" credit score which, of course, is a bunch of bull.

-NJJ

EDIT: from experian.com (one of the three main credit reporting agencies)

"Criteria for accepting loans vary by lender. Some lenders will only extend loans to low risk consumers; others accept loans from consumers with a more risky credit history. There are many different risk score models with different scales, so a 720 on one might be good but a 720 might represent high risk in another risk scoring system. That is why the number alone is not very helpful. A lender should be able to describe what the number represents, whether it is good or bad, and more importantly provide the risk factor statements that explain what from your credit history or application most impacted the score at the time it was calculated."

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
In NM they had no idea when I asked for VPP. :?

They did not like that I could get my 2003 35 full teck pack for a few hundred under Invoice from Grubbs.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well,
I expect the credit thing to be a bargain point.
Basically I KNOW what he has to do for me to deal. And so does he!
He can try and play when I go in with my truck but I can always leave :)
Basically my truck has over $5,000 extra's in it, has been Zaino'd since coming home and is pretty rare. Soooo his "book" value means nought to me :twisted:

Basically my folks back in the UK have had a dealership and been in auto biz since before I was born, soooooo "try and con another" :lol:

As for my first Tech. drive, loved the backup camera, sat. seemed ok (seen better, but need more time to play with it), no playtime for cruise and smart key was COOL!

Anyway, was looking for Brilliant Silver as first choice but really like the BG now.

He is also doing two years free servicing (which apparently is up to the dealer wether they have this program) and of course lifetime loaner car.
So NOT bad.
Just have to make sure get THE exact deal. But a salesman NEVER wants you to walk :) sooooooo.

BTW, looked and searched but some may have more experience over time now.
Opinions on CLear Bra and longevity please.........

Nick

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
I signed up for VPP - but was able to negociate a better price on my own....so I did that instead. Heres the website i used:

http://www.insidenissan.com/vpp/nissan/index.html

For employees of NNA and Affiliate-companies and their immediate family members, the VPP price is calculated as follows:

Dealer invoice
Minus VPP discount (Nissan 4.3% : Infiniti 3.58%)
Plus dealer added options, Security Plus, etc.
Plus destination and handling charge
Plus marketing assessment as applicable
Minus applicable incentives
Equals participant’s purchase price

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.