Infiniti FX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Heh, I got it yesterday also, but mine is 6wires.... :?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hey we can have reviews of 5, 6 and 7 wire kits!!!

Just finished installing the kit. Will go for a test soon.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Did you guys install your kits yet? I think I'll do mine tomorrow or Friday before my wknd trip to VT.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Yes, installed yesterday. The first and most immediate improvement I can feel is my throttle respond. It is better and more direct. It took me about half an hour to install and it's straight forward. Haven't install the 7th wire yet as it requires to lift the car up and I am not sure where to attach.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Great. Cant wait to install them.

·
Registered
325 Posts
InSaneAnime: First thanks for the kit. Second, do you have any picture of the 7th wire mounting point on transmission?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
How long did it take you to install it? I may do it tonight.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I read a bunch of posts on grounding kits and most people only had 5 wire kits...

·
Registered
325 Posts
ujmot said:
How long did it take you to install it? I may do it tonight.
Well, I took me less than 45 mins. Print out the pic from gtxjoe on the first page for reference and it will speed up the process.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Thanks. :) I got everything printed and ready to go.... I just hope it's not too cold in my garage tonight.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Here's the pics of my grounding kit.
Acutally you can barely notice the wires since I opted for black color

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Got done doing mine. Took about 30 mins after looking at the pics. The pics definitely made it a real breeze. Thanks fellas. :) Didnt really get a chance to run the car, just drove it around the block and came back to do some more work on the car.

One of my fog lights (CHEAP eBAY BULB) went out so I spent a good deal of time changing the bulbs back to OEM cause it was cold and dark in my garage.... didnt bother getting rid of the water/ice/condensation in my left fog though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
thanks to everyone who has done alot of legwork on researching grounding kits and installing them and sharing pics!!!( im still waiting for the custom vk kit).

a few questions (obvious?)...

1. if grounding the fx (vq or vk) at 5 or 6 or 7 additional points has benefits...smoother idle, quicker throttle response, better mpg, etc. then why doesn't infiniti already install this type of system.

2. does any high end manufacturer (ferrari, porsche, bmw, etc)install this type of multiple grounding to its cars?

will they make a difference in our fxs???
looking forward to more feedback.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i contacted a seller on ebay and asked him why i would buy his grounding kit rather than any other.

his response was that his kit has 6.5 mm thick wires and has 6 grounds.

for all those that have received grounding kits, do you know what the thickness of each wire is, and is 6.5 mm better than others?

also, has anyone got an answer as to why some of you received grouning kits with 5, 6 or 7 grounds?
which is best?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
particlefx said:
I still can't believe I only got 5 wires. I'd complain if it wasn't for the fact that they were free.:cry:

Oh well, I guess the install will be faster.:?
how bout buying the other two then??

not tryin to be a smart-a$$, just thinking about your predictament...

((cant cost as much as the whole kit, i bet)

sms

ps- the 4.5VK measurements are done, and submitted to GHS...

next will come the trial fitments.......

21 - 40 of 60 Posts