Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha from San Diego! Got here Tues and will be here until the 14th of July visiting the 'rents (actually a real good excuse to come to my favorite city in the country for htree weeks and get away from the TX heat). I still can't get over the weatehr here; looked at the 5 day forcast this morning: 70, 72, 72, 70, 72. Ahhhhhhh.

You knnow I'm a forum junkie when I stil keep tabs here and even accept my new apointment as moderator while on my vacatin. :roll: I will be without my FX for three weeks (with gas prices as they are, it cost half as much to fly) and I kind of miss her, but I do have a good substitute while I'm here. :D I plan on spending some real quality time with her carving a few twisty mountain roads (after I give her the MustGoFastR Zaino treatment for dear 'ole Dad) 8) . If anybody in the area wants to hang and take a cruise up to Julian along my favorite road and have a slice of their famous apple pie, let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No mods; good enough for me, though. 8)

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Re: Greetings from SoCal

MustGoFastR said:
Aloha from San Diego! Got here Tues
Ah-
hem.

310 391 1898

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:D I didn't forget about you kenny. I'll give you a ring soon.

-Steve

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MustGoFastR said:
No mods; good enough for me, though. 8)
Actually, just a bit of info on this... There are really very few performance mods (engine-wise) for the NSX. Asside from the Comptech supercharger, there's only a few intake mods that are likely more for sound than anything. There are one or two exhausts and headers available, but they are VERY expensive and don't add that much. The car is only as fast as a 6MT 350Z without the SC, but it's in the curves that it really excels. My only gripe about the car in stock form is that it sounds like a honda; it really needs a nice sports car growl. All in all, it's a great car and is pretty exclusive; you don't see many around. Good deals can be had on used ones as well. It's deffinitely the ideal Cali Cruiser.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
i am positively jealous steve..........

you (and yer dad) have good taste in conveyances i see.....

there's a few mods worth the install (like the comptech), but they get pricey indeed.....

i suggest removing the resonators of the exhaust (or stabbing them with an ice pick, repeatedly) for instant growl.... (j/k!!)

enjoy your vacation!!

sms

ps- 0-60 times of the NSX = ??? (didnt the 2003+ years get a bump in disp.?) i had one run up on my yesterday, but he never got past my window ......

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
esemes said:
0-60 times of the NSX = ??? (didnt the 2003+ years get a bump in disp.?) i had one run up on my yesterday, but he never got past my window ......
His is a '96 (only has 40k miles on it), 270 HP, 5 sp, 0-60 in 5.6. In '97 they upped to 290 and 5.4, plus offered the lighter Zanardi edition. Not sure what the '03s got besides slightly tweaked bodywork (have to look close) and fixed headlights.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The fruits of my labor:

The newly MustGoFastR-ized NSX (~18hrs of swirl removing, polishing and detailing) on the newly epoxy painted garage floor. Time to drive! 8)

Attachments

·
Registered
882 Posts
Nice ride.

I lived in San Diego for five years from 98-03. Love the city and weather.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Had a little fun today. Put around 200 miles on the NSX and spent a few hours attacking the curvy mountain roads up around Julian. Fun, fun , fun...

Sorry the pic kind of sucks; it is very high res and I had to slash it quite a bit.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As if the last posts didn't make you all hate me...

So, I drove up to Newport Beach yesterday to meet Kenny for lunch at where else? HOOTERS! First, let me just say if any of you make it out this way, make it a point to look Kenny up; great guy and highly entertaining. We actually didn't get to talk about our cars all that much (I wonder why), but we had a heck of a time. He sure knows how to work the ladies (I've already suggested to Dawn that we change his screenmane to SmoothKenny). Too bad he had toget back to work and left me there all by my lonesome, where I spent a good portion of the afternoon chatting with Kara (center in pic below) and get a few of the girla outside for a photo op. Those would be NB Hooters girls (L-R): Taylor, Kara (God broke out the recipie for the (my) perfect woman for her; good thing I left when I did or I'd likely have gotten myself in a lot of trouble, but I digress) and Heather. Oh, and that other shot is Kenny's FX45 next to the NSX. I have more pics, but I figured I'd save us both the embarassment. :wink:

Attachments

·
Registered
848 Posts
****, I hate you :D ....but only cuz I wish it was me.

I remember my short two month visit to Newport Beach...

After spending two years in Nebraska ('77-'79), where there's a girl behind every tree, and there are no trees, the Air Force sent me to a Sperry Univac school in Costa Mesa. I drove my 78 Trans Am out there, and thought I was in heaven when I saw all the bikinis! Fortunately for me, that was back when I was young, single, and had a head of hair. :oops:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Hooters :lol:

Nice pics Steve. Keep 'em coming! :D

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
But of course!

Too bad he had to get back to work and left me there all by my lonesome, where I spent a good portion of the afternoon chatting with Kara (center in pic below)
That was intentional, dude- I got her all going on you, then I split as not to clock-bock.

Kara (God broke out the recipe for the (my) perfect woman for her; good thing I left when I did or I'd likely have gotten myself in a lot of trouble, but I digress)
Just call me Cyrano! (Besides, we were in "NewPorsche Beach", and my preference is more toward B16 or Basic Obsidian; NPB is a bit too "Ivory Pearl" for me :))

I have more pics, but I figured I'd save us both the embarassment. :wink:
Well, I've put up the ones ya sent me w/o you:

Me "holding the bag" for Steve
Me holding something far better

(****, your camera makes me look old! :)) If you want me to post the rest of 'em, let me know (there's one of the two of us that makes us look like a broke-down "Lethal Weapon II" clone :))

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Man, I gotta come out there and hang with you guys!

·
Registered
882 Posts
what a perfect pic!!! the one with the NSX. Looks like a magazine shot.

Maybe we could have a west coast meet :eek:

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
mushutofu said:
what a perfect pic!!! the one with the NSX. Looks like a magazine shot.
Heh, unforyunately, I was a bit too distracted to frame the shot so as to include the actual large HOOTERS sign on the front of the restaurant, just out of sight above that shot. Oh, well, I got the inportant part. :D

Kenny: I was just messin' with ya. You did a great job warm'n 'em up for me; I appreciate it, as I'm a bit rusty on the 'ole womanizing. Kinda felt good to have a 19 year old hottie be interested enough in me to shirk some of her duties to sit and chat with (32 yr old) me for a good hour and a half! We deffinitely gotta do that again sometome. LMFAO about the Lethal Weapon comment; you're right! :roll: You can post whatever pics you like, though the ones of me aren't the greatest, either.

That'll likely be it for the wild times pics; my wife flys in tomorrow morning for the remainder of my stay here, so the rest of the trip will be a bit more domestocated and stereotypically touristy (probably a good thing, 'cause I'd likely be WAY too tempted to drive back up there...).

Next stop: Peoria, Illionois from the 18th - 26th to help my uncle assemble his '82 'Vette that he's been restoring and help him pack for his move to FL. That trip won't likely be nearly as exciting, but I haven't been back to my hometown in 8 years, so I might have to look up a few old friends... :wink:

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts