Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if it's the materials in the trim but I find myself either dusting with a cloth or licking my fingers and rubbing out marks all inside the car on a daily basis!

Everybody know what I'm talking about or am I just anal about my new car??

·
Registered
706 Posts
I have the graphite and I don't think it's too bad. I found the dash shows dust the most. I'll just blow it out every few days with my air compressor.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Do you guys drive around with your windows open a lot? Do you have the in-cabin microfilter installed? I rarely have my windows down here in TX and have the microfilter and my interior stays amazingly dust free. I have brick/black, but I would still see it on my dash and other ares. I rarely have to dust and when I do, there isn't much there.

Moving this thread to detailing...

·
Registered
706 Posts
I try to open my windows/roof whenever possible. I do have the in-cabin filter (04 model). I don't have much dust, but any dust on a D/G is noticed.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
FXcellent said:
...any dust on a D/G is noticed.
Heh, you should try black. :(

·
Registered
220 Posts
I keep a California dash duster in the pocket on the drivers door. Works great for a quick dusting...

Phil

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You guys don't find the black trim getting white marks on it when people accidently brush it with their shoes, etc?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the same issue keeping it free from smudges, scuffs etc. I clean it almost daily. I find that if i use a damp cloth rather than a cleaner that puts a shine on the interior it stays smudge-free longer. It is a little harder to get the marks off this way but then every time you touch something it doesn't leave a print. For the tough smudges I use Armor-All cleaner wipes. I only use them when necessary as they have alcohol in them and are not so good for the inerior. I just yeaterday used the Zaino Leather in a Bottle on my interior. I like it, but it does put a coating over the leather and seems to make it a bit shiny. I had to be careful not to miss any spots on the seats or you could tell the difference.

Even thought it's tough to keep clean, it looks sooo nice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts