Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those of you who ALREADY HAVE CAI from Stillen or JWT, based on what you've seen, heard and reviewed, would you want to switch over to Injen? ...and for NEW modders, since you now have 3 choices, what would you be more likely to choose and why? (Injen - late to market - was it worth waiting/switching for?) also keep in mind Injen $240 shipped, Stillen @$185 shipped, JWT @25% less than Stillen.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I am Happy with Stillen. The Injen looks nice but it seems that it isn't making everyone happy. Makes the decision of switching difficult with all the negative threads. :?

·
Registered
662 Posts
I knew you're gonna start this new thread.

I'm happy with Stillen's. Sure that Injen's shiny pipe looks nice but some of you don't seem to be too happy with that set up.

And I don't want more loud sound from my FX. My home owners association sent a letter to a neighbor kid driving a souped up Civic for his exhaust.(I thoght it had nice sound) :shock:

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Currently I am happy with my stillen z-tube set up. I wanted to change to Ingen for the look of the shiny chrome tube but so far it seems like there are alot of question regarding that set up.

Jim

·
Registered
832 Posts
jimsbmw said:
Currently I am happy with my stillen z-tube set up. I wanted to change to Ingen for the look of the shiny chrome tube but so far it seems like there are alot of question regarding that set up.

Jim
I too was considering swapping to Injen. I think the Injen would have been much nicer visibley...especially for an import auto-show, but in the real world for the performance I'm sticking with my Z-tube & Stillen intake!

I'm extremely happy with my G-Tech 0-60 results! :greenjumpers:

I "need" a Crawford plenum!

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I would never change. I am very happy.

:multi:

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank You, interesting response so far : 4 of 5 have a Z-tube with their Stillen, and wouldn't even think of replacing it. (and most paid over $200) / no JWT or newbies responding yet, and MUST. is still sitting this one out! (spoke to Stillen and they claim Z-tube cost vs. gain is extremly minimal - other wise they would've offered it , or even currently reconsidered their stand /psycologiacally more looks than anything else) ...did i mention MUST. won't even touch this thread yet, oh yeah i did.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
did i mention MUST won't even touch this, oh yeah i did.
Now, now piniti. . . .play nice.... :wink:

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Oh, good grief. I didn't reply b/c I've stated my preference in any of the other 8 threads on this topic. You know, the ones you complained should be merged, half of which YOU started, incidentally. You really know how to latch onto a topic, don't you? :roll: No offence, just venting a bit.

Anyway, I'll play along a bit longer. As I stated before, I prefer my Stillen/Z-tube setup over the Injen (based on sound and apparent lack of performance gains on the RWD to date) and the JWT Popcharger (I like the fitment and stock look of the Stillen better).

·
Registered
832 Posts
Where oh where has Mr. Must gone...Oh where oh where can he be...? :lol:

OOOPS! I guess we found him!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts

I'll tell myself to play nice now. Maybe I need a time-out in the Fortress of Solitude. :roll:

·
Registered
204 Posts
That's where we can get some really cold air; right?

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Playing nice and venting and finding cold air...I think this one has touched and rattled all of us! It should not have happened and that is the $1 question.For Dave it has been a $1000000 pain.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Agreed. we're going to do the best we can to get to the bottom of this this weekend.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Where can you get a Stillen for $170 shipped? I just called Stillen and it is still $199 + shipping.

·
Registered
882 Posts
everythingg35 has it for 184
BTW, I have the poop charger and ztube. I like it but in the end its just an intake :roll:

·
Registered
3,948 Posts

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sincity, CHILL! You already have an Injen on order w/Steve for $240, just let them know when it comes in, don't ship - call you first , this will give you enough time to decide which CAI you want (prob. waiting for weekend texas results,huh?) ,by then i will have enough info. for that 2-mod. package i spoke of for $300. ...so CHILL, we're waiting for Texas and sonoman1 to respond/confirm.

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
Sincity, CHILL! You already have an Injen on order w/Steve for $240, just let them know when it comes in, don't ship - call you first , this will give you enough time to decide which CAI you want (prob. waiting for weekend texas results,huh?) ,by then i will have enough info. for that 2-mod. package i spoke of for $300. ...so CHILL, we're waiting for Texas and sonoman1 to respond/confirm.
Any preliminary info on that mod package you're referring to? What will it consist of? Just curious....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts