Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was turning onto 405 freeway on ramp late tonight and guess who was on my right lane? A Toyota Celica GT-S. The on ramp merge into one lane and this guy just look at me and smiled. So, the light turn green and we both gun it. Sadly to say he kick my ass :cry: Now we are both on the 405 freeway heading south going like 100mph, he is like 100 yards in front of me probably laughing his ass off. :evil: What an embarassing moment for me and my friend :oops:

·
Registered
662 Posts
Onetime I had a chance to chase a GT-S. It was rainy day and I was able to get closer to him. I was going about 110. I didn't think GT-S was that fast though.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
You appear not to have mods,make some wise selections and be less embarassed...or trade up!

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
3 weeks ago on the way to church, cayenne S pulled next to me at the light... since it was raining that day I was driving slowly, but when the light changed green that driver stepped on his acc. and sped off... at the next light however, we looked at each other and did it again, and I beat him!! yeah! :D
weird thing happened... after few minutes another cayenne pulled up next to me.... but it was turbo...so i didn't really bother to race him.. :)

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Surprised about the Cay S,these guys do not like to race,well done...

I will get me a Cay T.That was the original target and i am 2-3 mods away
Aren't they huge though!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Toyota Celica GT-S
1.8L inline 4
180HP @ 7600RPM
130 lb-ft @ 6800RPM
0-60MPH in 6.8 sec
0-100MPH in 18.2 sec
1/4 mile in 15.4 @ 91.5MPH

So once again, how was he able to gain 100 yards on you ?

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
particlefx said:
100 yards does seems like way too much, but he does have a stock AWD.
The Houston AWD FX's would lose too,since it is not HP it is weight

·
Registered
471 Posts
I'd bet a stock 6-spd GT-S would smoke a stock 45 in that kind of race, too.

Someone put up some figures for the GT-S; it traps at 91.5mph. A stock AWD 35 would be lucky to trap at 85mph.

Oh, and it's not the weight that gives them the advantage, it's the aerodynamics. They have a MUCH smaller frontal profile than our wagons.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Off topic: I got 2005 G35 Sedan as a Loaner Car, and last night I was going to LAX and Brand New Black 350Z pulled next me, it was a female driver. We looked at each others and here we go!~
Believer it or not, she couldn't keep up with me. I was very surprised. May be she wasn't pushing her car since its brand new? Anyways it was a fun race.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I didn't really want to race him but I was in the left lane and he was in the right lane. The right lane merge into the left lane on the 405 on ramp. So, in a way I didn't want him to cut me off like most Californian drivers. It really pisses me off when I'm trying to drive safely by keeping a safe distance and then have someone who decided that he want in, in your lane. Some drivers even after cutting in front of you then they apply their brake forcing me to apply my brake hard. So, yes I don't like people cutting me off and I definately don't like some punk in the right lane trying to cut me off on the on ramp. But I guessed I loss with an embarrasment. So. next time I see a Celica GT-S on my right I''ll just let him by. I learned my lesson last night. I'll just look for a bigger SUV to beat. :twisted:

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
creamin said:
Off topic: I got 2005 G35 Sedan as a Loaner Car, and last night I was going to LAX and Brand New Black 350Z pulled next me ... Believe it or not, she couldn't keep up with me. I was very surprised.
I'm not! That's exactly the car I have as a loaner, too (is yours from Enterprise as well?) and I had fun pushing this thing around today! The VQ really likes to open up with high RPMs, too!

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
kcrudup said:
creamin said:
Off topic: I got 2005 G35 Sedan as a Loaner Car, and last night I was going to LAX and Brand New Black 350Z pulled next me ... Believe it or not, she couldn't keep up with me. I was very surprised.
I'm not! That's exactly the car I have as a loaner, too (is yours from Enterprise as well?) and I had fun pushing this thing around today! The VQ really likes to open up with high RPMs, too!
I'm sorry Kenny, I just so this reply today. I was searching for "Brake" since mine feels like already wearing out. (9016 miles)
Seriously!! this new G35 Sedan got something going on under the hood!! It feels totally different than 03 or 04 G35s. And one time I had modified 05 G35 as a loaner. (Stillen Intake and Stillen Exhaust) It's insane how fast it is!! I'm that thing can do at least 5.7 0-60. Sorry about late reply Kenny. 8)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.