Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband just got pulled over for tinted windows at lunch time while picking up our daughter at daycare. The officer was finishing writing someone else a ticket and spots the FX at a stop sign. So my husband signals left and drives off s l o w l y noticing that the officer is hurriedly getting in his cruiser. One block down the road he (the cop) is racing up from behind and my husband figures he is trying to see what kind of car it is. Then the lights come on. So the cop comes up and they exchange pleasantries,
and the cop states the reason I’m stopping you is for tinted windows, but I have no intention of ticketing you.” He then produces a tint measuring device. He then proceeds to tell me the law says 20% tint and I told him that is what the tint shop sold me.
(All my husband is thinking is don’t ask for proof of ins cuz its at home)
So he proceeds to measure the front driver window and says it reads 12% and that is +or- 2% plus the oem tint of 2% so rounding up to about 16% so he said that was ok. Then my husband says while you are here lets measure the back windows too. The back window reads 6.6%.
He then says this car smells good and how new is it? Then he said something about individual officers’ interpretation of the law and 20% front windows or 20% any window.
8)

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Sweet Fx said:
My husband just got pulled over for tinted windows at lunch time while picking up our daughter at daycare.
Heh. Your first DWB ("Driving While (tint too) Black") stop. Congrats! (The real thing sucks way worse, but I can joke about it among friends, I guess!)

·
Registered
848 Posts
kcrudup said:
Sweet Fx said:
My husband just got pulled over for tinted windows at lunch time while picking up our daughter at daycare.
Heh. Your first DWB ("Driving While (tint too) Black") stop. Congrats! (The real thing sucks way worse, but I can joke about it among friends, I guess!)
Hey, I can sympathize with you...I've had tickets in at least 8 states (all for speed), and been let off with warnings several other times. Fortunately, I've been lucky enough never to be caught when I was being REALLY bad (one exception, but he couldn't clock me & gave me a warning for 103mph!), and never had a point total enough to worry about, and I'm 3 yrs past my last one (85 in the Nevada desert...**** revenuers)...I'm gettin' off-topic...think this calls for a new thread "Funniest Cop Stops"...sounds like a show on Fox.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That cop never even asked for license, registration, or insurance.

Seems like he wanted to try out his new toy. 8)

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
too bad we cant tint our front windows at all in CA even though i see them everywhere. guess i shouldnt take that chance even though it is the first thing i want to do when i get an fx.

DWB sucks! thats what hte tinted windows are for :wink:

in ca cops need to be able to discriminate i guess.

·
Registered
848 Posts
contaygious said:
DWB sucks! thats what hte tinted windows are for :wink:

in ca cops need to be able to discriminate i guess.
Hey, I recall being pulled over in Costa Mesa by a black motorcycle cop who came up to the window and started yelling at me for squeeling my tires around a corner...would that have been DWW? Anyway, after some discussion about how my 185hp '78 automatic TransAm, was positraction, and didn't have enough power to spin the tires except around a corner...he let me go. I did have a couple other cops pull me over the next week for being over the white line at a stop light...total BS, but I was 19 yrs old at the time, and probably fit some kind of profile since the car LOOKED hot, but wasn't. Doubt that I personally fit a profile since I had short hair (I was in the Air Force at the time). Had that vehicle for only a year, but got pulled over at least 9 times only twice for valid reasons (speeding 65 in 55 in Colorado, and 49 in 35 in Nebraska...my first ticket ever)...the rest of them seemed more like "what's this kid doin' in a hot new Smoky & the Bandit car?".

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
I didn't have a hot new car when I was 19 but I got stopped a couple times like that. Once, the cop pulled me over late at night, looked over the car in great detail, came to the window, looked over my paperwork and said "I misread your inspection sticker - you can go now". No apology or anything. Jeez...

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Hey, I recall being pulled over in Costa Mesa by a black motorcycle cop who came up to the window and started yelling at me for squeeling my tires around a corner...would that have been DWW?
um i dun want to start a debate or anthing but lets just say there are a lot more white cops then there are black cops. ur 5 times more likeley to get pulled over if u are dark skinned. and there's always a good chance they will attempt to search your vehicle and/or ask u to step outside. Just the other day my friend walked outside my crib to go to his car and a cop asked him what he was doing just out of nowhere. my friend said he was jsut getting into his car ahd teh cop watched him put the key in unlock it and start the engine.

anway back to FX's...

·
Registered
848 Posts
Didn't mean to dispute the DWB thing...it's obviously a problem. Just that our perceptions can sometimes be misguided. Sorry for the diversion, and as you said...back to the FXs

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
contaygious said:
ur 5 times more likeley to get pulled over if u are dark skinned.
WHILE THAT IS TRUE, I will admit I did laugh a bit over a study done in New Jersey. For a while, there were more Black people getting speeding tickets than White folks in Jersey, so the DOT did a study. Turns out that while there were a number of "DWB" profile stops (I-95 is a major gun/drug/whatever corridor) the NJ DOT reported that most of the stops occurred "'cause you Black dudes just drive too fast" (my paraphrase, but you get the idea).

Heh. I'm thinkin' "tell me something I didn't know already! :) While I'll admit to being relatively DWB-free (even since I've moved to L.A.P.D. territory), back when I lived in Boston, I had a room tastefully decorated in "Speeding Citation" wallpaper. :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
It's also pretty safe to assume that if you are dark skinned you ARE getting a ticket if you get pulled over, whereas a lof of my lighter friend have gotten off plenty of times with "warnings."

BTW if almost every black person sped then there would still be a **** of a lot of white people speeding so blacks should never get pulled over MORE when there are soo many more whites out there.

aiya i'm done. back to cars!

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
es wrote:
my question to ya SWEET is, "why such dark windows??"
Blonde and a woman LOL (I live in NM but came from the windy city)[/quote]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts