Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and my FX feels slow. I drove the crap out of the G and it was pretty impressive.

They fixed my rotors, window sash, door panel, front headlights foggin, start up noise and the maintance.

But My FX feels like the brake is on all the time. Like something is holding it back.

Does the G just feel that must fast so it is in my head? I guess the AWD and weight makes a big difference for that .5 slower in the quarter.

Gonna do some driving tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Yeah, the G35s feels very quick and nible b/c it is so much lighter and lower. I still wouldn't take it over my FX just on those merits, though.

·
Registered
706 Posts
What was your start up noise?

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ha,

They had no idea. I just took the TSB in for them to see and they put some kind of gunk cleaner to clean deposits.

In other words. No F'n Idea.

MGFR,

I know , I would not trade my FX for a G either, but I cant get over how much the difference is for only about .5 in the quarter.

I need a SC :shock:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Hey Geaux:

I've received several G35 sedans as loaners and I can safely say that
most of the direct feel of power is from the much more sporty transmission electronics. Our FX45 transmission response just plain sucks for anything remotely sporty. It feels like mismatched gear ratios and slow to respond. You'll see the difference while trying manu-matic mode on the highway and the response you get for downshifting. Even downshifting 2 gears on the FX45 is lame (5-3). The G35 outshines it with one downshift. I've even heard that the FX35 seems significantly more responsive according to my SA @ Miller Infiniti. This is my biggest performance gripe since I purchased the FX45 last year and will hopefully address it before the end of this year.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
They may have disconnected your battery,it will take some aggressive driving to get it happy again(I specifically ask them not to disconnect battery).
The model I like best is 1,2,3,gear passes from 1000 to 6000rpm at half,3/4 and full throttle and I am usually back in business.
The last G35 loaner I had was the only one that was interestingly fast,but not competitive and could not handle with the 45.

If you lower you will eat that G35 for lunch and there are trans fixes!On power you still have some cheap/easy mods to wake that beast up,and you will look back on any 35!

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
brnjugfx45 said:
They may have disconnected your battery,it will take some aggressive driving to get it happy again(I specifically ask them not to disconnect battery).
The model I like best is 1,2,3,gear passes from 1000 to 6000rpm at half,3/4 and full throttle and I am usually back in business.
The last G35 loaner I had was the only one that was interestingly fast,but not competitive and could not handle with the 45.

If you lower you will eat that G35 for lunch and there are trans fixes!On power you still have some cheap/easy mods to wake that beast up,and you will look back on any 35!
Thanks brnjug,

Im gonna drive the crap out of it today to see. I dont think the battery was disconnected because all of my settings were still correct. But it is possible.

It is bone stock in the power department, so I guess I could just start looking at intake/exhuast and advance my timing.

I do think the tranny could take some help something like you did. Were you out of commission for a while when you had the work done? Anywhere around Houston can this be done?

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
If you follow that program the computer will be back up to par.
The length of the disconnect is as critical as if they did it.They could check.
Mine was the prototype and it was their 1 day and a couple of weeks later(after the dummy box was fabricated) it was down for a week getting fine tuned.Several months later(after he played with one in the mid east) it was down for another week(I also had the converter done this time).This is a half to whole day job.
I am about to post on the shift mod thread with that update...bottom line everyone has complained about this shifting problem and it is fixable.I will check on some exhaust shops/trans shops in Houston...I think I have some old racing friends there(they are too expensive so I will look for refernces.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
RU_MATRX said:
and I can safely say that most of the direct feel of power is from the much more sporty transmission electronics. Our FX45 transmission response just plain sucks for anythingr emotely sporty.
Seconded!

The G35 outshines it with one downshift.
Preach!

I so wanna get BrnJug's Level10 mod!

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
I do not normally race 35's,but this guy was being an a--,so off I went.Corners were a little sloppy because I was on the phone,so I dropped it ,let him catch up and roared off with tidy curves...afterall,I would not want him to think I was on the limit!

35's do not shift that well either...just better!

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the guidance.

I drove it like I stole it today, and it does feel better :eek: Gonna have to do the trans mod though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts