Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a Friday morning.
Some lady driving an explorer did not know that the brake makes the car stop. Anyway, driving in the left lane and brake light comes on, so I assume she is going to turn left. Nope, she is just braking for the **** of it. I go into the right lane so I do not rear end her and speed up to get back in left lane and all of sudden see a cop driving towards me on the side road. He lazered me from 1/2 mile away, up a side road, between trees and houses, while I was driving on a bridge passing this woman. Can you believe that. I thought I would get a racing ticket before a regular speeding ticket.

First, he says, "this is a really nice car" and I know from that I was getting a ticket. I was very surprised when he said 53 in 35. When I was behind that car I was doing 30mph. It had to take less than 2 seconds to get up to 53 in less 20 feet. Not fighting this one in court. cost $103.00.

The other night, had a mustang (04 mach 1) come racing up to me over 100 mpg and then changed lanes and sprayed gravel. I sped right up and past him at around 120 mpg. He backed down and I was out of sight. Lucky for me, did not get ticket that night, that was posted at 60. But, I did find a huge rock chip on the front bumper, but that was fun. :D I do not like mustangs, I am a camaro fan. Still have my 1991 camaro.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Maybe the lady was braking because she detected the cop's radar.

I noticed this afternoon a cop parked along side the road and he was really taking notice of my FX as I passed him. I don't mind gawkers but cop gawkers make me very nervous.

Anyway, sorry about the rotten luck.

BTW, it's really hard to concentrate on your posts with that avatar. :shock: Me likes! :D

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
ouch. SOrry to hear about the ticket and the chip... :(

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Sweet Fx said:
Can you believe that. I thought I would get a racing ticket before a regular speeding ticket.
Well, out of sheer embarassment, I didn't post about a "you're kiddin' me?!" first FX ticket I got about two weeks ago.

Every **** day I speed; most commute days, I hit triple digits for at least a part of my commute. So, how did I get popped? Being on the **** phone arguing with my **** girlfriend, and didn't notice the CHP cruiser, who pulled me over for "Contempt of Cop" (i.e., passing him).

Now, I've done 100+ and seen the telltale lights of a CHP Crown Vic coming up behind me and Manumatic'ed it down w/o braking to 65.00000MPH and had him give up and move on to a better mark at least three times (CHP doesn't use radar in the cities, preferring to pace, instead, and there's technically a minimum pace distance), but what did I get popped for?

Seventy-freakin-two in a 65. It's like Wyatt Earp dying 'cause he dropped his gun while tightening his belt. However, so far I've noticed in Cali that if it's a CHP pacing ticket in the counties where you have to pay first, then go to court, they tend not to show up. Let's hope so, 'cause my insurance is already $4800/yr and I don't need the hassle. Fscker got me for a missing front plate, too- but that's a correctable no-points that I can fix and take to a barracks to get signed off on.

·
Registered
39 Posts
BTW, it's really hard to concentrate on your posts with that avatar. :shock: Me likes! :D[/quote]

Sure.........if you like that kinda thing.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seven over, I hate that. The one I got on my way to get the FX in the middle of nowhere at midnight in the van was like 10 over and the state officer acted like I was doing 100 in a vette. Before that I got a 25 over in AZ and got criminal wreckless indangerment with a warrent if did not write a note to the judge that I was not going to court. I hate driving thru that state. Open roads with 60 mph posted, come on. Posted speed here in NM is 75 on the highways. And pueblos is a different topic.

My insurance is only 835.00 a year, guess NM is good for something besides being the Number 1 DWI state and the most driving without insurance (pueblo topic again). By the time my insurance co does its 3 year check it will only go up like $35 a year.

·
Registered
848 Posts
particlefx said:
BTW, it's really hard to concentrate on your posts with that avatar. :shock: Me likes! :D
Careful particle, we're agreeing on something again! :lol: I have to keep an eye out for my wife when I'm looking at these posts...she's likely to think that I'm surfin' some pron site :shock: ...HONEST, honey, it's an FX web site!!! :mrgreen: Hey Sweet, if you've got more of those, there are probably some paying customers here...LOL!

·
Registered
441 Posts
The most important is to fight this ticket...and you can win if your willing to try...let me know
Phil
FX-35

·
Registered
147 Posts
contaygious said:
time to get a Valentine one my friend!
that will do you no good if the officer is using laser. the beamwidth is extremely small and would have to hit the detector right on in order for it to go off which it is usually pointed at the front plate area. besides, at a speed of light (300,000 km/second), by the time it goes off, you're fvcked anyway..too late :evil:

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Magician,

I considered checking the "go to court" box, but being in small town (10,000 people) and we have like 6 cops and they all know my store and or who I am. And being a blonde, white woman driving a new clean black FX, I didn't want to see him in front of the judge. I think that same cop saw me going home today cuz I was going like 3 over going downhill and this cop coming towards me flashed his lights at me. Anyway, for me to take the day to go to court for 2 hrs would cost me more than a hundred dollars my time. And the customers in the store this morning thought it quite funny i got a ticket. So at least I had a good laugh today.
:?

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Richy,

He made a point of saying "my new laser, you are were not radared" like I was supposed to be impressed or something. I mean, com on, are town is so small (the national laboratory uses private protection, not police on fed land) do we really need such fancy equipment in our police force?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Sweet Fx said:
do we really need such fancy equipment in our police force?
Probably not, but the town might need to revenue :? :roll:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Sweet Fx said:
Richy,

He made a point of saying "my new laser, you are were not radared" like I was supposed to be impressed or something. I mean, com on, are town is so small (the national laboratory uses private protection, not police on fed land) do we really need such fancy equipment in our police force?

who knows, but with technology, it's always a matter of keeping up with the jones's. as of now, laser is the most effective speed monitoring device. it will pay for itself in no time.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
richy said:
contaygious said:
time to get a Valentine one my friend!
that will do you no good if the officer is using laser. the beamwidth is extremely small and would have to hit the detector right on in order for it to go off which it is usually pointed at the front plate area. besides, at a speed of light (300,000 km/second), by the time it goes off, you're fvcked anyway..too late :evil:
Fear not! Time for one of these!:
http://www.lidatek.com/ and unlike radar jammers, it is not yet illegal (last I checked; it may be in some places now, but it is very stealth).

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
How does a V1 not help you? i was driving the other day and the laser sound went off before i even got to the cop who must have tagged a car a lil ways in front of me. is that not helpful? I'm posative he didnt tag me when it went off because i couldnt even see him yet.

btw mustgo i cant acess the store on that site... how much is that thing?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
contaygious said:
How does a V1 not help you? i was driving the other day and the laser sound went off before i even got to the cop who must have tagged a car a lil ways in front of me. is that not helpful? I'm posative he didnt tag me when it went off because i couldnt even see him yet.

btw mustgo i cant acess the store on that site... how much is that thing?
Yes, the V1 is helpful if you can catch the scatter from a car being shot ahead of you. It is not helpful if you are the only car around and the cop is using laser; in this instance, it is simply advanced notice that you will be getting a ticket.

The Lidatek unit is $349.95; just click on the car and you can see the price. Check the FAQ for specs and how it works. Here is the correct link to the store, but it's under construction, so you have to call them (number is on the page):
https://www.lidatek.com/store/index.jsp

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
sorry i still dont get it. :oops:
isnt this just a detector for lasers? so if u are by yourself wont it just make a noise when u got tagged as well? i read the info on the site and it doesnt say anything about jamming.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
No, it doesn't explain it very well on the site, but I looked into it before. When it detects an incoming laser signal, it emits back a false signal that the cop's gun wil read (the numbers appear to jump around and it won't get a lock on your speed. It only does this for 5 sec, which allows you time to adjust your speed, afer which the cop can get an acurate reading of you going the speed limit. Very trick.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts