Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I tried to buy a 2005 FX45; even had a dealer in Charlotte NC take a deposit from me. The goal was to get the car before Christmas as a gift for my wife. The dealer had the car, Infiniti gave him an early model for an auto show.

The dealer tried to sell me the car but Infiniti wouldn't allow him to release it (sell it). They won't even give him a definitive date when the cars will go on sale. Infiniti collected all the 2005 FX45's back to central ports and is not releasing them. Makes me wonder if there is some kind of quality issue, but they deny it.

So I bought the 2005 Cadillac SRX. I actually think it's a better riding vehicle, nicer interior, just as fast, handles almost as well, FX exterior styling is slicker.

So it's goodbye folks!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Goodbye srxdude, too bad you coldn't exercise a little more patience and given your wife an envelope with a pic. of what's coming next month. :( Now she will only be able to see the REAR of those Fast FX 45's (or a blurr when they Zip by her) Hope you at least got the pretty RED srx with the $1500 X-tra long sunroof option (as if it's not Top-Heavy enough) & the 18" Chromies option with the Big engine. [do they really TRY to fit 2 people in the rear?] :? When you see them Both side-by-side you're really gonna .............oh well, Enjoy. :shock: (sr means sorry I didn't wait to get an FX) ...just because YOU couldn't be FIRST http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewto ... ght=#30070
You Really gave up THIS! :roll:

·
Registered
462 Posts
fxdude said:
Well I tried to buy a 2005 FX45; even had a dealer in Charlotte NC take a deposit from me. The goal was to get the car before Christmas as a gift for my wife. The dealer had the car, Infiniti gave him an early model for an auto show.

The dealer tried to sell me the car but Infiniti wouldn't allow him to release it (sell it). They won't even give him a definitive date when the cars will go on sale. Infiniti collected all the 2005 FX45's back to central ports and is not releasing them. Makes me wonder if there is some kind of quality issue, but they deny it.

So I bought the 2005 Cadillac SRX. I actually think it's a better riding vehicle, nicer interior, just as fast, handles almost as well, FX exterior styling is slicker.

So it's goodbye folks!
Goodbye dude. Congrats on the new car!

·
Registered
59 Posts
email your complaint

Here is an email I received from Infiniti. If enough people have problems with a dealer and report tham, Infiniti will look into it. if no one says anything, they won't even bother.

In response to your email, Consumer Affairs can document your concern and keep track of complaints from a specific dealer. If we get several complaints on one particular dealer, an investigation can be launched and worst case scenario a dealer can be closed down. I opened file#xxxxxxx and sent a copy of this file
to the regional office who oversees the dealer in question. However, beyond this support, Nissan does not have the jurisdiction to intervene in any sales related or finance related issues. Any further correspondence about this matter should be directed to the State Attorney General's office or the Better Business Bureau. Thank you for contacting Infiniti.

Albert M.
Consumer Affairs
[email protected]

·
Registered
186 Posts
why are you americans having problems getting the 05's?
They've been out for months in Canada...

·
Registered
187 Posts
My dealership (Motorwerks, IL) has a plantinum FX45 for sale. So I assume they are already here........just in time for christmas.

·
Registered
40 Posts
hombogero said:
My dealership (Motorwerks, IL) has a plantinum FX45 for sale. So I assume they are already here........just in time for christmas.
Wow! How about taking a few pics for us please?

Btw, I'm also tired of waiting for my '05 FX45. First they told me Oct., then Nov., then early Dec., now I don't believe anything they say.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
fxdude said:

So it's goodbye folks!
Just 5 more Days of Patience :? and You would have Achieved Your Goal like Shawn did. :shock: http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2807

1 - 10 of 10 Posts