Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like I just got hit by a train.

30k mile serice, 500 (before a 50 dollar discount)
Includes:

Rotate and balance tires
Scope and adjust (wtf is this?)
Inspect suspension for leaks.
Inspect engine for leaks
Replace air filter
Check tire pressure
Inspect drive belts
Inspect vapor lines
Inspect fuel lines
Replace engine coolant
Inspect exhaust system
Inspect brake lines and cables.
Inspect brake pads and discs
Service battery
Differential oil service
Check operation of lights
Fill fluids as neccessary
Replace wiper inserts
Clean and adjust brakes.
30,000 mile service.

Ok, 500 for that. Mostly a bunch of bs inspections, in my opinion.

Next, fuel induction cleaning: 140 bucks.
Coolant system power flush: 140
Brake fluid flush:140. (Im rounding the numbers here, but its close to this).

And an oil change.

$800 for the 30k service? And if I need new brakes on the rear, then another 265?

Is this normal? I see some repitition on the list, but the dealership I go to has always been very good to me (free oil changes, loaner car, etc).

What do you think?

Im getting it serviced in Los Angeles, btw.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I called a couple of dealerships in the Bay Area, and they quoted me more for the identical job. So I guess I'll bite the bullet, in the interest of having a complete service history on the vehicle.

The dealership is Infiniti of TO, by the way. I highly recommend them, and Matt Bishop in particular. Solid guy, no BS, and makes sure youre taken care off.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Now you know why their service departments are the major profit centers in most dealerships. Selling the cars only builds a customer base for the garage. BTW - that price is really not out of line for a brand like Infinity compared to the other upscale lines out there like BMW, Merc, Daddy, etc. It's still a ripoff for what they really had to do, but that's why the initial purchase price is just the foot in the door on owning a really nice ride.

Learn to do a lot of this stuff yourself or find a non-dealer mechanic you trust and you can cut your bills by more than half. Just keep records and receipts to prove the work got done and it really won't matter who did it if anyone down the road is worried about your FX's service history.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I called here in Dallas and same service is $299. :shock:

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
pakisho said:
Im getting it serviced in Los Angeles, btw.
I was about to post:

Call Thousand Oaks Infiniti, just to see. I know they're not gonna ass-rape me to the tune of $800.
... then I saw that's where you were taking it! Um ... Matt's a good guy- that's why I'm surprised they're gonna hit you up for the flushes and stuff.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Not to rub it in, but you got slaughtered. Even in the motherland of all rip-offs Boston the cost of servicing Infiniti V8 is about $600. And that's for 60K mile service which is about a 4 hour job. If I remember the 30K costs under $400. Any flushings, additives, relaxers or whatever the :cussing: else that's not listed in the back of your owner's manual but the dealer nevertheless tries to pin on you is a red flag.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
There is at least an upside....

they were nice to your FX and didnt @#[email protected] it all up.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I posted it on freshalloy as well because I wanted maximum exposure and opinion on the topic.

TO infiniti has been great to me. I actually took my Bro-in law there, and he ended up getting an FX from them as well.

I usually go through Matt, and in this case I made the appointment through him, but he wasnt there when I actually had it done.

Im going to give him a call tomorrow and see what he can do about this. MAybe they can take something off the bill.

Car runs like a top, on another note.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Long time before I have to worry about the 30K service (currently at 2700); however all of my factory recommended maintenance up to that point is free (2 yrs, ~24K) 8)

·
Registered
9 Posts
i think i can beat the quote for the 30K service--

I posted this in its own thread earlier today, because I had similar concerns about the service... then another member showed me this thread... good god!

My concern was whether my warranty would be affected by having another Garage perform this service outside of the dealership- At this point I don't trust them anymore.

when i add up the cost of these items I don't understand where they come up with their figures.

Anyhoo, I have included a copy of their estimate for this service- apparently they call this service " 30K & 90K Mileage Service-S0030"
Includes:

Replace Eng Oil and filter
Replace Air filter
Replace Brake Fluid
Replace Auto trans fluid
replace engine coolant
replace wiper inserts
replace drive belts
replace transfer case oil
TEST horn, Lights and WIPERS
replace differentials oil
rotate tires
CORRECT tire pressure
clean sunroof drains
adjust paring brake
REPLACE micro filter
PERFORM 34 PT inspection
INSPECT fuel and vapor lines
Inspect Brake Pads
Inspect Exhaust System
Inspect Suspension Complt
Inspect Steering gear
FUEL INJ thrtlbdy SERV
Power Steering FLUSH
WASH and Vacuum

$1471.29 Infiniti dealership in Portland Oregon (there is only one here)

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Please,please,please,you can get the benefit of a complete service history and delete stuff that makes no sense or is silly
Some of these flushes at this mileage are pure profit

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
We have more threads than you can count on this very subject.

DO NOT go along with what they told you!

This is the biggest ripoff to date on this topic.
I got mine done for about 60-70 bucks-

My warranty is just fine.

DON"T fall for their bullshit. Unbelievable-

1 - 15 of 15 Posts