Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Please comment on results once you install them. Thanks

BTW, where did you purchase them and how much?

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I contacted these guys by email. About $180 for both sets.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Thanks Judge. I bookmarked the link.
Remember to post review after you get them installed. Thanks :D

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will do. I'm going to wait till it warms up a little bit. I'm about an hour south of chicago so I'm going to pray for some warm weather. [-o<

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I put the lines on a couple days ago. The pedal does feel more firm, but not what I was looking for. I would say the first 20% of maximum brake pressure has better feel. After that the pedal feels same as stock. Not what I expected when comparing teflon to rubber. I suppose the FX's weight is to blame.
I did replace all the brake pads with ProACT ceramic's within the first week of owning the FX, so stock pads may have a different feel.

Here are the install pic's :

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Judge,

The SS brake lines look very nice installed!

Just so I'm clear, you were hoping to get a firmer brake feel by changing them out? Unless I'm mistaken, you will not feel that in daily driving, the benefits of changing the brake lines would only be evident under heavy or extreme use to maintain a constant pressure and more precise feel longer into the brake. How hard were you testing them out?

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the compliment. I like the looks of them too.
What I wanted and expected to achieve was exactly what you described. The pedal is more firm throughout travel but looses more if it's feel the harder it's pushed. By the time the ABS kicks in the pedal feels just as murky as stock. So, light braking duty is really the only improvement I notice.
I'm not saying stock is bad but after driving a Z for a while I miss that feel. My only option is probably a brake kit with more pots.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Yeah, I think you only have half the equation - after all, you're still pushing the same factory calipers that you did with the stock brake lines.

jimsbmw I think just got his Brembo kit in, there is something available now from Wilwood and Stoptech. Rotora will have a brake kit available at the end of January.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Thanks for the follow-up Judge... They look very nice.
Kris

1 - 12 of 12 Posts