Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To All:

I am of course a newbie. I am going to buy a 35 next week without the tech package. I just don't need NAV.

My question is, I need to have 2 headrest and a sunvisor video system (had it custom done on my lexus). What are people using here when they don't have the tech system.

Additionally, does anybody know an installer in CT?

Thanks,
Seth

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Hey I'd be interested in this too. Haven't seen a visor mount yet.

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Well, people are doing overhead systems, and headrest systems. Premade from Vizualogic or you can get come custom cut in. I havent looked at the visor yet as far as cutting them in there. We do have that sunshade thing that slides out so that might need to be sacrificed. Shoudnt be too bad, but the visor will probably need to be re-wrapped, as that non-stretchy material Infiniti uses doesn't make it easy to build out the visor shell without splitting the visor in half.

I have put in a couple of overhead systems with no problem if you want to go that route.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I'm down in Miami and I just recently got headrest tvs put into my headrests and they worked out great for me!

·
Registered
242 Posts
My '05 FX does not have the tech package but I wanted some entertainment for long road trips. I took the cheap route and just purchased one 7 inch monitor for the passenger sun visor. The TV can be seen from all the seats in the vehicle including the driver seat.

I have a DVD player installed inside the center armrest but I am relocating it to the back of the armrest. The way I mounted the player tends to skip when I take sharp turns. I am just waiting for Scottsdale Infiniti to send the back piece with the DVD unit hole so I can complete it.

Many people without the tech package usually get headrest monitors and/or sunvisor monitors. It is pretty common and you would also save some $$$ versus the tech package if you do not care for the nav.

Maybe my lazy butt will take some pics soon and post it up here for everyone to see. :)

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I too am looking to put 2 7" visor tvs..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.