Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Funny little episode.

Daddy: "Brent, I see that you're wearing a 'I voted!' sticker today. Did you go out and vote?"

Brent (3 1/2): "Yes, Daddy."

Daddy: "Who did you vote for today?"

Brent: "Spider-man!" *** with absolutely no hesitation***

Daddy: "That might have been a pretty good choice!"

Hmmm, write-in ballot? :idea:

Going to vote right now.....

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
We were going to work this morning, my little one asked me what day it was and I told her that "today we vote for a new president." I tried my best explaining to her that there are 2 guys running for the same job. And that the one guy has had the job for 4 years and now we get to choose who gets the job.

I told her that George Bush had the job and John Kerry is trying for the job. She then tells me "I'm voting for the new guy, he needs the job." LOL

All day, all she talked about was how she was going to vote for president and voting for Kerry. She is 4 1/2 and has never heard about politics.

Anyway, we all went to go vote after work and she is so excited to go and cast her vote. We go in and get her a sample ballot and sit her at a table. She tells them she is voting for president and it is a secret. While we were filling out ours, she filled out hers completly. Then she "proudly" walked it over to the ladies sitting at the table and gave them her ballot and said Thank You with a big smile. She was filled with joy that "she" got to vote.

I was never excited to vote, I just did it. But after today I will feel very different about voting for the rest of my life.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
FL goes to Bush.... :(

·
Registered
848 Posts
shong43826 said:
ujmot said:
FL goes to Bush.... :(
sorry to be happy BUT... :D
At least we won't need to get the courts involved :roll:

Edit: Looks like it's over...they're calling Ohio for Bush, and we know that with Alaska virtually guaranteed for him that puts him at a 269 tie minimum, which would bring the election to the House of Rep, meaning Bush wins. The good news for the Dems. is that Hillary can run in 4 yrs. now. :D

·
Registered
597 Posts
Looks like the repeat of 2000 bullcrap is in the works. Dems will now check under every OH doghouse for a possibly lost provisional ballot before counting it. Which won't start until 11 days from now :roll: . I'll tell ya, if and when you run as Busch Lite that's what you get.

P.S. Meantime FAUX NEWS demands to know why Kerry won't concede :lol: .

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Both sides were/are well equipped to pursue any and all legal options in 2004.That is their right!This will not be protracted .Tidy and quick elections may be a thing of our past,so be it.

B ut no one is operating outside of the legal options available to all of us!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts