Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went car shopping yesterday. I had three cars in mind, the FX, Pilot and the RX330. I went to the infiniti dealer near my house and just fell in love with the FX and totally forgot about the other two choices. they have a 04 AWD with the color combo that I want with all options, Tech, sport and premium package, with cargo protector and mud flap for $40k flat, MSRP was 46.5k. Do that sounds like a good deal? I put down a $500 deposit anyway. What other things should I be aware of when I pick up the car? Anyway to tell a AWD from a 2WD by just looking at the car? TIA!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like a good deal. To tell RWD from AWD, you have to get down behind the vehicle and look for the pressence or absence of a rear sway bar (AWD has it, RWD doesn't). Also, I think on AWD, there's an AWD idiot light that lights on the instrument cluster at start-up (not sure, though).

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
evolution said:
... they have a 04 AWD with the color combo that I want with all options, Tech, sport and premium package, with cargo protector and mud flap for $40k flat, MSRP was 46.5k. Do that sounds like a good deal?
Having what you want is more important than the ultimate bottom line. Perhaps you "could do better" elsewhere - but would it be what you want??

PS: Welcome to the group.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mustgofastr- thanks, I will look for the swaybar in the rear.
msu79gt82- Yeah I hear ya, this is the car that I want! Actually Its the same color combo that you have, Diamond Graphite with willow haha. I must say you have good taste :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yours sounds very similar to mine (minus the AWD). Mine is almost identical, 2WD though, and got mine for 38K flat three days ago.........

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
chdiego said:
Yours sounds very similar to mine (minus the AWD). Mine is almost identical, 2WD though, and got mine for 38K flat three days ago.........
Nice! I'm gonna pick the car up tomorrow!! Can't wait! Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congrats on your purchase.
I'm shopping around for an FX35 AWD. Just remember that there is a $1,500 dealer incentive right now for 2004s. I would look to pay at least that much under invoice for a 2004 model, since the 2005s are out.

I recently test drove the FX. Love the ride, but didn't like that my elbow kept hitting the center armrest when turning. Anyone else have the same issue?

·
Registered
22 Posts
The rebate was $4,000....not 1500..... make sure you double check!!!!!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts