Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went car shopping yesterday. I had three cars in mind, the FX, Pilot and the RX330. I went to the infiniti dealer near my house and just fell in love with the FX and totally forgot about the other two choices. they have a 04 AWD with the color combo that I want with all options, Tech, sport and premium package, with cargo protector and mud flap for $40k flat, MSRP was 46.5k. Do that sounds like a good deal? I put down a $500 deposit anyway. What other things should I be aware of when I pick up the car? Anyway to tell a AWD from a 2WD by just looking at the car? TIA!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like a good deal. To tell RWD from AWD, you have to get down behind the vehicle and look for the pressence or absence of a rear sway bar (AWD has it, RWD doesn't). Also, I think on AWD, there's an AWD idiot light that lights on the instrument cluster at start-up (not sure, though).

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
evolution said:
... they have a 04 AWD with the color combo that I want with all options, Tech, sport and premium package, with cargo protector and mud flap for $40k flat, MSRP was 46.5k. Do that sounds like a good deal?
Having what you want is more important than the ultimate bottom line. Perhaps you "could do better" elsewhere - but would it be what you want??

PS: Welcome to the group.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mustgofastr- thanks, I will look for the swaybar in the rear.
msu79gt82- Yeah I hear ya, this is the car that I want! Actually Its the same color combo that you have, Diamond Graphite with willow haha. I must say you have good taste :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yours sounds very similar to mine (minus the AWD). Mine is almost identical, 2WD though, and got mine for 38K flat three days ago.........

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congrats on your purchase.
I'm shopping around for an FX35 AWD. Just remember that there is a $1,500 dealer incentive right now for 2004s. I would look to pay at least that much under invoice for a 2004 model, since the 2005s are out.

I recently test drove the FX. Love the ride, but didn't like that my elbow kept hitting the center armrest when turning. Anyone else have the same issue?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.