Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like to keep my valentine mounted above the mirror against those black litle nipply things. Isnt there a trick or something that you put vaseoline around the rim of the cups, and that forms a good bond? I dont want my valentine to fall down and break on me...

Any other ideas.

I tried silicone, but it would heat up to much during the day and break loose...

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Good old spit worked for me. :oops: I got a nifty little mount that mounts my radar off the RVM now. A little less stealth but I think it looks great and now I can open & close my sun visor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
On another post someone mentioned that they used some silicon to get it to stick. They also claimed that it is still removable. Have not tried it myself.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what device did you get from the mirror, that sounds interesting..

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Can anyone get the V-1 suction cups to stick reliably even on the glass?! The smaller set of cups in the baggie work better, but you still have to d!ck with 'em a little before they really grab.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Spit works the best.

NM heat makes it fall off, I just take it down in the summer.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Sweet Fx said:
Spit works the best.
Tried that first!

At first I wondered if it was something in what the car-wash people use to clean the windshield, and rubbed it down hard first with a cloth, but that didn't help.

I guess I'm just wondering if the folks at Valentine used bad-quality cups?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I had problems with the suction cups on the FX glass. First I tried spit and it stuck for a couple of days before it fell off.

What worked for me was cleaning the inside of the windshield with tint safe glass cleaner and spraying a little glass cleaner on the suction cups. Since then it has not come down one time.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Thanks- I'll try it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts