Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I bought the XM receiver from Grubbs (will be here Monday) and the micro antenna and splitter. Got a few questions. According to the installation guide I found on Grubbs, it says to have a flat file and a rotary cut-off tool. What are these used for? Couldn't find reference to them elsewhere in the document.

Is the weather stripping glued on? What kind of glue should I re-attach it if that is the case.

Is there a pre-cut notch in the center under the weather stripping where the antenna wire will pass through?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
706 Posts
Do you ever do this install? How did it go? Where did you install the antenna?

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
i did this install with stealth antenna with the kit from grubbs.

1. i did NOT need a file or rotary cut tool ( ithink these are used if you put the antenna up on the roof near the rail and you do the full install where you would take off the roof rail ..... stealth install does not need to do this)
2. the weather stripping is NOT glued on. its a friction hold. comes off and on easily
3. yes, there is already a notch in the top of the hatch opening under the weatherstrip. the kit comes with a cover for it that holds the wire and you put butel-gum over the wire to seal it from water coming in.....it'll make sense when you do the install.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
PICS?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did the install, it was a lot easier than I thought. I will take a pic of where I put the antennae, same place as the other person. You do need to order the N-bus connector as it does not come in the kit. Loving the satellite radio!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Is the N-bus connector the splitter? Would I need another splitter or could I use the one with my current antenna?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts