Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i've had my FX for only 2-3 months now and have gotten flashed by oncoming cars about 10 times. What is the deal?, i had my lamp level set to 0 and moved it to 1 but am still getting flashed. Do i need to move it to 3 even though i don't have any weight in the car! :x

I know our lights have a sharp cutoff and with the sport suspension and 20's, the beam tends to "bounce" over rough roads, but still.

As of now i just flip on my high beams to tell them "Hey these are my high beams knuckleheads!" 8)

·
Registered
706 Posts
I have never been flashed and I have adjusted the lights up slightly using the manual adjustment under the hood.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Funny you should mention that... I'm planning to adjust mine so that setting 1 (maybe even 2) is where 0 is from the factory. This way I can go a little higher with a spin of the knob and still come back to the factory spec when needed. I just can't imagine having so much weight in the back that the 3 setting is really necessary.

-Andy

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Puppy just to give you a benchmark I'm on the Island too. I'm running with stock lights and usually have my fogs off.

I haven't been flashed yet. 6 weeks.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Same thing happens to me. Sometimes I can see how people driving in front of me adjust their rear-view mirrors. If you set headlamps to 0, they will aim pretty high.
Do the test yourself and you will know what I mean: park one of the cars on a driveway or a side street and park your FX behind your first car. Then get in the first car and check out how bright FX's lights are. (obviously you have to do it at night) :D

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
*I let my brother drove the FX behind me so I could check all levels to see which level would actually disturb or blind cars in front or oncoming cars. Well, seeing out from the rear view mirror, it wasn't that bad even at the highest level which is # 0.
* I once at a busy traffic lights waiting for a green light to make a left turn then got flashed from this gentleman across the lights (in DAY TIME), too waiting for his left turn.
OK, thought I blinded him with my 10K HIDs so I lowered it but that didn’t work. I checked the traffic lights, still on red. Ok, maybe this is someone I know? – check – No! After a few second using my best judgment I still couldn’t understand why I got flashed.

I just flip on my high beams to tell them "Hey these are my high beams knuckleheads!" Note: line copied/pasted from Puppyc73…

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
OK terrific! :D

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Sensei said:
Gischpel said:
I've been flashed once and flashed them back... but held the highbeams on a bit to let them experience the difference. ;-)
Don't worry, I do the exact same thing.
I'm sure that is an OK practice; all that matters is that one of you can see where their going - you can always take the ditch since the oncoming driver can't see.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.