Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the P0014 replaced the VVT solenoid, code gone, Then I started getting intermittent limp mode occasional P0300 random missfire, then got a P0024 replaced that VVT solenoid, just for fun replaced the CPS, and all the Cam PS, Then got a P021 intake VVT and a P0524 low oil pressure replaced both intake VVT's changed the oil for a 3rd time, I have replaced all the coil packs and spark plugs. I get a limp mode with no codes then a P0300 then no codes when its running it has a few dead spots on acceleration and a big flat spot at 6000rpm. I have checked the cam signal magnets and the oil passages at the cams all clear. The oil comes out sparkling clean every time. Timing chain and gears look perfect. Guess I need to get a fuel pressure gauge and check that. I did find a cracked wire at the CPS under the car I fixed that. Its just odd it has moments it runs like a top and then falls flat on its face and goes into limp mode. I am going to check my fuel for water. Any ideas on what to check next? The P021 and P0524 codes have never returned. I read on the G35's those codes means the motor is done. I have 149k miles and I use all OEM denso parts and Mobile1 synthetic oil.
Thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
Where did you purchase the solenoids and do you know the part numbers?

Confirm that the mounting tab is in the 10 O'Clock position (Pic 1) and that there is a slot in the top section (Pic 2). If you use a solenoid with the mounting tab at 12 O'Clock from the connector, the oil passages will be partially blocked causing the limp mode. No codes will come up because the solenoid is actually working, but not enough oil is allowed through. Also, some solenoids do not have the cutout in the top section. I am not sure if that actually does anything but it is best to keep the solenoids the same.

vvt.jpg vvt2.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep its VVT code roulette and a P0300 and its rotating now between the P0021 and p0013 with occasional p0524 low oil pressure. All the VVT were replaced are exact OEM replacement. Alot of the time it goes into limp mode its a P0300. Always on start up surges up and down idle and then runs rough till it warms up. If I try to hold throttle at 1800-2000 rpm it runs rough drops a cylinder or 2 above that smooth below that smooth. Going to replace the oil a 3rd time in less than 30 miles and see if it does anything. It sounds like lifters or valves are tapping when warmed up. When its not throwing codes it runs perfectly. Pretty aggravating.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts