Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else experience a gasoline odor from the driver's seat when the FX is first started up? My 35 has only about 2700 miles on it so far, and this is something that I've only just noticed over the past week or so. I don't notice it once I'm driving a while, 5 minutes or so, but when I first get in and start it up, it's been obvious. Something to do with the recently colder weather, maybe?

·
Registered
706 Posts
no

·
Registered
551 Posts
Yes, my wife commented on this very thing last night.....I am running 94 and it is vewwwyy cold here right now.

-15C

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
moved since this is a problem not general :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
WasRXNowFX said:
Does anyone else experience a gasoline odor from the driver's seat when the FX is first started up? My 35 has only about 2700 miles on it so far, and this is something that I've only just noticed over the past week or so. I don't notice it once I'm driving a while, 5 minutes or so, but when I first get in and start it up, it's been obvious. Something to do with the recently colder weather, maybe?
Probably not related, but I bought my FX45 used and the previous owner had the XM radio installed by the dealer. To mount the module, they drilled some holes into the floor behind the rear seats. This punctured the gas tank and thus the fuel smell. I doubt if this is the same problem you might be having, but I thought I'd share. By the way they installed a new gas tank all paid by the dealership that installed the module incorrectly.
see ya,
john

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've got an '04 FX45 that has 4000 miles on it. I've had it for about 3.5 months, and my wife has been saying that I smell like exhaust when I get out of the car. Didn't believe it at first, but she's right. I only have a 4 mile commute, and there's definitely an odor after even a short drive. Does anyone else have this same issue? It sounds like others have had issues due to the way the XM radio was installed. My dealer installed my XM. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a 2003 FX35 and when I back up out of my driveway in the morning, I can smell exhaust/gasoline...The windows are up / sunroof closed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I knew I wasn't crazy!!!!!

Everytime I get in the FX and cruise, my hair and clothing get stinky. Smells like exhaust fumes. I HATE IT!

Dealer isn't responding...... h e l p :evil:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts