Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gas Tank Door
Frustrated! Does anyone know how to open the gas door on the 2011 FX35 infinity. This is the second time this has happened. Luckily the first time it popped open after several attempts pulling tugging pushing lifting. Now I pull up to the gas station turn the car off the doors automatically open push open The gas tank door and stuck won't open. Use the key, push button on door nothing. Called a local a local infinity dealer simply clueless!!! Now pull out the manual and tried all techniques to open the door. Still nothing! Frustrated! Google search said something about a cargo area emergency release and I must be to frustrated to find it! Can someone tell me if the model actually has a emergency release gas button ? Or how to open the door! HELP ME PLEASE!!!'

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a 2003 fx45 and yours is probably very different, but my wife had the same "random" issues getting the gas door opened. Turned out she wasn't unlocking the car at the pump... there's an arm that locks the gas door when the car is locked, when you unlock the car, the arm slides back allowing you to push-pop the gas door open. Probably not the issue your having but worth a mention. The other thing could be, maybe that actuator is stuck... when you get the gas door open, lock/unlock the car and see if that arm is sliding freely.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Gas Tank Door
Frustrated! Does anyone know how to open the gas door on the 2011 FX35 infinity. This is the second time this has happened. Luckily the first time it popped open after several attempts pulling tugging pushing lifting. Now I pull up to the gas station turn the car off the doors automatically open push open The gas tank door and stuck won't open. Use the key, push button on door nothing. Called a local a local infinity dealer simply clueless!!! Now pull out the manual and tried all techniques to open the door. Still nothing! Frustrated! Google search said something about a cargo area emergency release and I must be to frustrated to find it! Can someone tell me if the model actually has a emergency release gas button ? Or how to open the door! HELP ME PLEASE!!!'

Dead thread...but...this is correct. Google finds this thread and it may be helpful to others.

The trick:

When you stop at the pump and shut off the ignition. Lock the doors and then unlock them. The gas hatch should release.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts