Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed the Garage opener on my FX doesnt have very good range on it. I have to be in the driveway for it to work. When I had my Lincoln Navi I could open it from 2-3 houses away and by the time I reached the drive way I can just pull right in. With the FX I have to be in the drive way........wait for it the garage to open then pull in. Was just wondering if anyone else had this issue? Cuz sometimes when you gotta use the toilet, YOU GOTTA USE THE TOILET! hahaha~ :lol:

·
Registered
779 Posts
Cuz sometimes when you gotta use the toilet, YOU GOTTA USE THE TOILET!
Ha ha ha... That's too funny. Park outside and run into the house instead; just don't forget to open the storm door first! :lol:
But seriously, mine works from a fairly long distance. Then again, my garage door opens fairly quickly so I don't have that problem.

·
Registered
329 Posts
mine opens

mine opens a house way.. and our neighbors are like 90feet away

plus the driveway is LONG so by the time i get to the garage its open ready for me to pull in

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
I live on a cul de sac, and I approach the house driving straight at it. Here's what I have seen on the last few cars we've owned:

2001 Volvo V70 = 2-3 houses away
2002 Audi Allroad = 5-6
2004 VW Touareg = 1-2
2004 Acura MDX = 3-4
2005 Infiniti FX35 = 4-5

I estimate my FX to work reliably from approximately 300-400 feet.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
As I come around a curve on my street, my garage is pointing at me - it's a side entrance. Homelink works from 5 - 6 houses away. Just about as soon as the garage is in sight.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
terps4 said:
Here's what I have seen on the last few cars we've owned:
2004 Acura MDX = 3-4
Hey terps 4, do you still have your MDX? Are you familiar with http://www.acuramdx.org :?:

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
i can open mine from literally 5-6 houses away and even from completely behind my house where there are 2 other rows of homes blocking the view.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
msu79gt82 said:
terps4 said:
Here's what I have seen on the last few cars we've owned:
2004 Acura MDX = 3-4
Hey terps 4, do you still have your MDX? Are you familiar with http://www.acuramdx.org :?:
Yeah we've still got it. The MDX is my wife's car. I've never gotten that into the forums for it though... mostly because she won't let me do anything to it :roll: I was much more active on AudiWorld and the VWVortex for my previous cars.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
2Fast4U said:
Mine is kinda weird:
3-4 house from Left side of home.
2-3 house from Right side of home.
ahhhh....the wind must be be blowing from the left :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a straight approach to our house from about ~225 yards. I can normally open it from 125-150 yards away, although I have gotten it to open from about 175 yards.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
trojanman said:
If any of you have metallic window tint that will severely limit the range of any RF devices inside the vehicle.
I think I'm gonna have to call BS. I never saw a reduction in my Audi Allroad from my tinted windows. In fact it was had the best distance of all my cars. If this was really true, wouldn't my double insulated STEEL garage doors cause a bigger issue?

·
Registered
60 Posts
This has been a bit frustrating for me. If I am coming down the street and hit the button, it will open the door almost 2 houses away. However, if I get up to my house, it doesn't work. Have to pull in the driveway and get right up to the door before it will open the door.

Don't understand it unless it is the steel doors causing a problem when I am head on...

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just tried it again today, and It wont even open if I'm in front of the house, but on the street. I had to be on the Drive way for it to work. I might have to have the dealer check it out :x

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
grmensz said:
This has been a bit frustrating for me. If I am coming down the street and hit the button, it will open the door almost 2 houses away. However, if I get up to my house, it doesn't work. Have to pull in the driveway and get right up to the door before it will open the door.

Don't understand it unless it is the steel doors causing a problem when I am head on...
If this is happening to all other in-car remote control then maybe problem is at the garage unit itself. Make sure its antena is not rolled up.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Mine works less than one house away.

I usually pull over to the right side of the road and then press the button, then turn in.

My garage door opener is from the 1980, so I blame that as well.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.