Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealer I am negotiating with has confirmed that the 1.9% financing special is gone for the FX. Area dealers are shocked because they had been telling people (including me) that it would be extended. It has been "replaced" however with money from Infiniti (apparently dealers can offer an additional $500 off in incentives covered by corporate).

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Which dealer are you working with and when are you planning to buy?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've spoken with both West Houston and Southwest. In the case of the FX, I do not see enough changes in the '05 to wait (however IF I were to go the RX330 route I'd definitely wait for the '05). Therefore I may do something real soon, depending on price. Southwest has the exact car I want (I'd have to go color choice number 3 at West Houston).

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
SW is good people. I bought my G35c from them (since traded on the FX) and currently deal w/ Clear Lake (same ownership and many staff transplants as/from SW). My FX came from SW as well. At any rate, deal with whoever you want regardless of where the car is; they can just trade it from one dealership to another, so work 'em all for the best deal.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I purchased mine from SW Infiniti at $200 over invoice. I gave both my salesman and the finance person poor reviews over their lack of customer service skills. I would not recommend them to anyone.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gwish said:
What sort of deal does SW offering?
Just a bit over Invoice (~$100 maybe) for FX35 + Tech + Sport.

Not sure of the price relative to Invoice because the potential deal includes tinting the front windows (what is Invoice?) as well as some other small item freebies (not sure of the true cost). Also they cover all maintenance for 2-years / 24K miles. I'm not sure how widespread this practice is ?? Is that an Infiniti Corporate thing? Or a dealership thing? I do know that other dealers do this as well.

I think this is a good deal; however I am surprised that better deals are not available - there are a lot of them on the lot and the '05s arrive in October ???

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think they can do much better than that on closeouts. My past experience with them wasnt good either. If you are not in a hurry, you should wait until december/january and look around the state for better deals.

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
When I was in CA the last two weeks, dealers were offering around $5K off on loaded new FX35s. When I approached SW about this yesterday they were saying that market conditions and regional incentives play a role in price differences.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gwish said:
I think they can do much better than that on closeouts.
You may be right; however I've been working with two dealers and this is the best I can find. And between three dealers I've checked there is only one FX available in the color / combo options I want. Also due to factors too complicated to go into IF I do something this year ('04) then its best to do so in the next 3 weeks. Thus December / January is not good timing.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
msu79gt82 said:
Gwish said:
What sort of deal does SW offering?
Just a bit over Invoice (~$100 maybe) for FX35 + Tech + Sport.

Not sure of the price relative to Invoice because the potential deal includes tinting the front windows (what is Invoice?) as well as some other small item freebies (not sure of the true cost). Also they cover all maintenance for 2-years / 24K miles. I'm not sure how widespread this practice is ?? Is that an Infiniti Corporate thing? Or a dealership thing? I do know that other dealers do this as well.

I think this is a good deal; however I am surprised that better deals are not available - there are a lot of them on the lot and the '05s arrive in October ???
The included free mantenance is a dealership thing and they add $4xx to the base invoice for it, however if you religiously stick to your service schedule and have the work done at the dealership regardless, this is worth it based on some of the service charges I've seen people quoting (but I'm sure the dealership is still making decent money on it). So the $100 over invoice you are referring to is actually $100 over invoice PLUS the $4xx they add for the 2 yrs maintenance package. You could always ask them to waive the maintenance and see what kind of deal they will give you over actual invoice.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MustGoFastR said:
The included free mantenance is a dealership thing and they add $4xx to the base invoice for it, however if you religiously stick to your service schedule and have the work done at the dealership regardless, this is worth it based on some of the service charges I've seen people quoting (but I'm sure the dealership is still making decent money on it). So the $100 over invoice you are referring to is actually $100 over invoice PLUS the $4xx they add for the 2 yrs maintenance package. You could always ask them to waive the maintenance and see what kind of deal they will give you over actual invoice.
Actually the quoted price is about $100 over the Invoice price listed at Edmunds so there has not been anything added to that. Thus the way I see it the 2-yr maintenance is indeed free in this case.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Really? Hmm, sounds like a pretty good deal, then. What I described above is how it was explained to me by the Clear Lake sales manager (formerly of SW).

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MustGoFastR said:
Really? Hmm, sounds like a pretty good deal, then. What I described above is how it was explained to me by the Clear Lake sales manager (formerly of SW).
Yea I also had an "above invoice" quote from another dealer where he clearly told me the 2-yr service cost them $500 so he included it in their "above invoice" offer. However the current offer I am working with is only about $100 above Edmunds and also includes the free maintenance. I feel a little better about it now - but I am still surprised I can't get better with so many on the lots and '05s arriving soon. :shock:

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Bigger deals may be around the corner if there are a lot of '04s left sitting when the '05s arrive, but you may have a more difficult time finding the exact car you want...

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I know where a great 03 FX45 for sale :)

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
GEAUX said:
:?: I thought you were keeping it?

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
msu79gt82 said:
You may be right; however I've been working with two dealers and this is the best I can find. And between three dealers I've checked there is only one FX available in the color / combo options I want. Also due to factors too complicated to go into IF I do something this year ('04) then its best to do so in the next 3 weeks. Thus December / January is not good timing.
If you do get the FX soon, stop by the HFXA meet if you can and meet the boys. But only if it isn't black. :razz:

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
GEAUX said:
:?: I thought you were keeping it?
That is the plan, but I never pass up an opportunity :)

I teach sales people how to sale, the last thing I could do was NOT ask for a sale :)

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Should be ready to pick up tomorrow afternoon. Looks like everything is a go. After seeing the exact car this afternoon for the first time and seeing every accessory and rechecking Edmunds - it looks like the final deal will be exactly dealer invoice. They still need to tint the front windows and install the moonroof visor; they say that should not be a problem to complete in the am.

So far I must say that Southwest Infiniti In Houston has been great to work with. I will provide a complete dealer evaluation after delivery.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts