Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving on the highway today in my 09 FX50S, and suddenly my throttle stopped responding... The engine was still running and I could turn the car on and off several times but whenever I put it in gear my Rev counter wouldn't go over 1,100 Revs and the car would barely move if not stay still even... I put the car on a truck and took it home... Now after the car has been sitting for a few hours, it starts but turns off directly... My car has low mileage and I've never faced this problem before... That said, I have been out of town for two weeks and my car hasn't moved for that time, but I don't think that has anything to do with it... I'm going to take it to the dealership tomorrow to see if they can identify the problem but I thought I would try to see if anyone can help me here... Thanks in advance! :D

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
may sound silly..but did you have enough gas in it? were you going up a hill? Sounds like limp mode/no gas left.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sounds like you are in limp mode. Get a code reader, and check what codes you have.

After you clear the codes, the car should go out of limp mode. However, there is a reason for it going into limp mode, and you should have it checked before driving.

You can get a cam sensor code from dirty/low oil. Make sure the oil level is adequate before trying to drive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was driving on the highway today in my 09 FX50S, and suddenly my throttle stopped responding... The engine was still running and I could turn the car on and off several times but whenever I put it in gear my Rev counter wouldn't go over 1,100 Revs and the car would barely move if not stay still even... I put the car on a truck and took it home... Now after the car has been sitting for a few hours, it starts but turns off directly... My car has low mileage and I've never faced this problem before... That said, I have been out of town for two weeks and my car hasn't moved for that time, but I don't think that has anything to do with it... I'm going to take it to the dealership tomorrow to see if they can identify the problem but I thought I would try to see if anyone can help me here... Thanks in advance! :D
I've just had this happen 09 fx50s threw p0300, misfire code and l p0011 VVT semsors, I've replaced oil, all 8 plugs, 8 coils and both VVT solenoids and also cleaned MAP and Cam sensors. Reset codes all good but wasn't sensors,. Good luck. I YouTube most the fixes, plus I
did it myself, dealer was crazy money

1 - 7 of 7 Posts