Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had a rough couple of days with the fx50... it didn't get plugged in on an extremely cold day and the battery froze up, so I replaced the battery and it was very happy, ran well. parked it inside overnight, drove to work, ran very well. 8 hours later (still extremely cold) I start it up and it's thrown a CEL and wouldn't rev past 1500rpm even on startup. didn't change after the engine warmed up. I left it at office with blockheater plugged in for now.
My suspicion is that some condensation built up in the throttle body when I was driving to work and then froze up and the TB was seized and the ECU freaked out and put it into limp mode. fingers crossed that it will thaw out and be better after I clear the code.

I'm going to run a code scanner on it in the morning to see what it shows, and if it's going to smarten up once I clear the code.

any advice?

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Let us know what code comes back but it might be coincidence rather than the cold. How cold are we talking here?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
started it up today, it had a ton of codes, P1091 and P0300 among them. but it seemed to run ok. I cleared codes, let it idle for an hour or so to warm up. drove it around the block, high and low rpm, stopped for fuel, seems happy so far. hopefully it was just cranky about being frozen up, but we'll see. I'm not going to park anywhere that I don't have a spare vehicle available for a while!

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Those two codes don't seem to be related but cold weather and your electrical system might cause them. If you pull a code after the reset you can check them out at autocodes.com. There's a link at the bottom of the page. Hopefully you don't have a problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts