Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just passed 200,000 km so thought it would be a good time to change the spark plugs. I decided to us NGK 92274 that I got from RockAuto.

It was a relatively straight forward project although there isn't much space for the back plugs near the firewall. I do not know how many miles were on the plugs I pulled since I bought the car used. They were Denso FXE22HR-11 and the gaps were all over the place. .053 - .065. They should be .044

Here are a few pics of the pulled plugs.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'd wager those are original plugs.
you were able to get all the plugs changed without removing too many parts?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is possible that they were the original plugs. I removed the basic stuff like the intake hoses, as well as the PCV hoses and a few small brackets. I thought it would be more difficult but was relatively straight forward. Definitely easier than some other cars I have had.

·
Registered
9 Posts
One of the key things in replacing of spark plugs is to use torque wrench, I used 17.6 Nm of torque for Denso FXE22HR-11. If you increase that torque you can break the head and there were several cases when after the change of spark plugs people noticed the decreasing of coolant and after some time that coolant was found in the 7th and 8th strokes ...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts