Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just bought a 2009 FX 50S and love it!!! it has 27,000 on it and i'm looking for some new tires but there really don't seem to be a whole lot of 265 45r21 options besides the dunlops it came with.

Any suggestions?? I suppose the dunlops are ok, but i'd like something a little quieter if possible, perhaps with a longer life expectancy.

Also on a side note, do others with a 50 S experience groany and squeaky breaks (new infiniti pads here, same problem).

Cheers,

Rob.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
According to what TIRE RACK shows, you only have 2 options for regular driving... a SUMMER and an ALL-SEASON... and then 2 options for winter tires... If you got the summers on your 50S, then possibly the ALL-SEASONs will be quieter but not really sure... here's the link:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearc ... =S&tab=All

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, i checked tirerack to, hoped maybe someone would have found a tire tirerack didn't carry.. still no luck.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
I also just checked DISCOUNT TIRE DIRECT and 1010TIRES and they don't show anything other than what TIRE RACK shows...

·
Registered
551 Posts
So looks like nothing but the Dunlops SP01...correct ?

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Just clicked on the link again to see if anything was updated but yeah... looks like there's still only those options I mentioned above...

Wonder if you checked in other widths there might be something else out there... but 21" is still a really odd size so it's not likely...

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Rander, as far as squeaky brakes go, I have the same situation. The brakes squeak all the time on my FX50S, but it's my only complaint about the car and they work fine, so I just try not to listen. After 25000 miles, I'm still on the first set, but they have squeaked almost from the beginning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts