Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 FX50 140k miles trouble free till now always maintained threw P0014 code replaced the VVT solenoid with a cheap one code went away but goes into limp mode when warmed up. Replaced cam sensors and after reading the post below I bought a OEM VVT which is different than the one I removed originally and instantly got rough startup and codes P0014, P0024. P0300 codes, cleared them no more codes, I had changed all the coils, spark plugs,5k miles ago, and just changed crank position sensor today all with denso OEM parts, CPS had a cracked wire I fixed that replaced the sensor and it runs and idles smoother than it has in a few years. Codes are gone but still goes into limp mode when warmed up. No oil or tranny leaks. Any Ideas?
Thank you,
Ron

·
Registered
60 Posts
How is the OEM VVT different that the one that you removed. I had the same issue and found that VVT that I installed had the mounting bolt tab in a different position. This caused the oil passages to be slightly offset. I pulled the VVT and reinstalled it ensuring that the oil passages were pointed directly into the engine. Then I made an adapter to bolt it properly. Also, check the top of the VVT. It should have a cut-out. Some don't.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The new oem vvt had no screens and the slots went nearly all the way around they were in the exact same place as the one I removed. I found instead of cutting the mounting plate you can just rotate it I learned that pulling the old one out. I did a total deep system scan found a misfire code P0300 cleared it and has been running fine since. I love this car it would be really fun with about 600hp. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts