Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put a new exhaust on my FX50, and I have a few questions:
What is the diameter of the stock FX50 exhaust?
Should I need to stay with the same basic setup as is on it, or could I go the true dual route?
Does anyone have anything other than the Flowmaster 80 Series installed on the FX50?
Also, does anyone have sound/video clips of the Flowmaster (or anythint else) on the 50?

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
I wish I could help you.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
I am thinking about getting a custom exhaust done in Taiwan right now. Just worried about the sound.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Fast intentions will be starting a build on HFC's and a cat back for the FX50 this DEC. On aside note i drove my 50 with the muffler off and if sonds great. It is still not as loud as my G37S with HFGC's and full cat back. If tony at FI takes longer then i think he will to get the exhaust out i will just be doing a muffler delete to tide me by.

·
Registered
124 Posts
No sound clip, but I do have the exact flowmaster muffler series 80 lying around I would like to find a new owner for. Let me know maybe we can work something out.l

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have put a custom exhaust on my 50S but kept the original pipes. (I want the to look original)

I have to say I'm a bit disapointed!! i was expecting something like a G55 amg sound.

but i tried with my friend who has the exact same car with original exhaust and it's almost the same!!!

only when the exhaust is really hot (after driving for a long time and fast) it's quite loud

I went back to the shop and they told me i have to remove the cataliser.

I'm not really willing to do that beacause after i'll have diffculties to renew my car license every year.

if i knew how to post picture on the site I'll post some the muffler is nice and shiny :fadein:

·
Registered
35 Posts
here is the modification on my FX50S

BEFORE

AFTER

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Just ordered my borla exhaust for the FX. Hope it gets here sometime soon.

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
There was someone with a FX50 in the Boston area that just got a Borla installed yesterday. I wonder if they'll pop up here sometime. I can't wait to hear it.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Me too, I tried the custom exhaust but just didnt work right, so decided to go with Borla. Hope its not too loud.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Mine is on the way to Taiwan, too bad they shipped FEDEX Economy instead of Priority!!!

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Installed my new Borla Exhaust today and got my ECU rest. Will try to take the FX out this weekend if rain in Taipei clears up.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts